Author Topic: Problem On Approach And After Landing  (Read 3200 times)

toriu

Problem On Approach And After Landing
« on: March 29, 2013, 08:25:41 pm »
My default flight in FSX is FSDream Teams Kennedy Imtl to FSDream Teams Vancouver Intl.
GSX, REX-E and FTX-PNW are also installed for this area. I have been using this flight for some time without any issues but just recently am getting this problem when on final approach and after landing. Any help will be appreciated.
A reply to my post at AvSIM suggested it may be something to do with the couatl manager needing updating which I have done but still have the same problem.
HAF932 850WPSU X58Chipset I7-920(OC@4.0Ghz)
12GBDDR3-1600MHz Radeon5850-1GBx2 W7HP64bit
FSX-Accel REX-Essential UTEur/USA FDC PFE TrafficX
FTX-PFJ,FTX-CRM,FTX-NRM,FTX-PNW,UK2000-EGLL
FSDT-GSX,FSDT-KJFK,FSDT-CYVR, fsgenesis CS-767
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

[img]http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem On Approach And After Landing
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 12:44:14 pm »
just recently am getting this problem when on final approach and after landing. Any help will be appreciated. A reply to my post at AvSIM suggested it may be something to do with the couatl manager needing updating which I have done but still have the same problem.

Your problem doesn't have anything to do with Couatl or Addon Manager, I don't understand how someone would even *think* about this being related to them (you should never post on other forums about support questions, always aks to the source), what is clearly a video memory corruption problem, which is likely due to wrong video card settings, wrong FSX tweaks or a combination of the above.

- First try to reset your video driver settings to default. Be sure you don't use "Transparency Antialiasing" (or "Adaptive Anti-aliasing" ).

- If that doesn't work, try to update your video driver too.

- If that doesn't work, try to reset your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG file, to have FSX rebuild a new one with default settings

- Be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak to the FSX.CFG, you can enabled it with the Addon Manager too, that's the only setting that really needs to be applied.

toriu

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 09:16:59 pm »
Thanks Umberto, I will try your suggestions.

"(you should never post on other forums about support questions, always aks to the source)"

The reason I posted to AVSIM was that I didn't know the source. This is the post.

"My default flight in FSX is FSDream Teams Kennedy Imtl to FSDream Teams Vancouver Intl.
GSX, REX-E and FTX-PNW are also installed for this area. I have been using this flight for some time without any issues but just recently am getting this problem when on final approach and after landing. Any help will be appreciated."

Will post here when fixed.
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO

toriu

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2013, 07:27:13 pm »
Never did find what caused this problem, anyhow now fixed by uninstalling/reinstalling CYVR and now it's back in all it's wonderful detail.
FTX-ENG,FTX-SCO