Author Topic: ILS14 DME/ALT mismatch  (Read 9330 times)

Lenair

• Lenair Virtual Airways
ILS14 DME/ALT mismatch
« on: February 14, 2008, 03:13:55 am »
Hi

I have some mismatch on the ils 14. As published at 8.0 DME the altitude should be 4000ft, but I have the 4000 allready at 10.0 DME out. Withe the three others ILS everything looks tp work correct... Is that an afcad problem?

thx

Devis
Devis Pisano

Jeepee

Re: ILS14 DME/ALT mismatch
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 07:27:39 pm »
Hello Devis,

If you wish, you may try my personal AFCAD file (with customized gate assignment, true runway lengths, real G/S location and slope, LOC antennas position).
But note that I deleted all "fake" runways; hence no more cross-use of them -- I hate this method-- !!!

Greetings,
Jeepee

[attachment deleted by admin]
Jean-Philippe DELWICHE
Line Training Captain B737
TUI Airlines Belgium (trading as Jetairfly.com)

www.jetairfly.com

b742f

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 05:47:22 pm »
Jeepee, thank you for your work with afcads. But why do you hate crossing runways? Without creating the fake runways it is impossible to have all runways in use and you are locked to parallels only. Why do this? At least give us the option of having crossing runways if you release afcads.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 05:59:35 pm »
We fixed the misplaced DME at Zurich in the installer that was posted when Chicago was released. If you download it now, should be ok.

b742f

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2008, 02:47:28 am »
Jeepee you realize you just created more problems than you had, right? now the ILS16 is all messed up with your afcad. Why do you insist on deleting runways???? Honestly, your afcads are great, but please dont touch any runways or navaids. Now I am worried that your afcad for EBBR also messed up the navaids.

b742f

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2008, 02:54:26 am »
Ok so I tried the official afcad file by redownloading the package now, and still the ILS does not show up in afx or afcad. Last night I tried landing and it did not pick up a signal. Is there something wrong with ILS for the runway16?

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2008, 12:01:44 pm »
Ils on afcad work, please verify your FS9 for double afcad on Zurich

b742f

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2008, 06:07:58 pm »
no double afcads... and if you open up afx or afcad2 program, you will see the issue. Open up the runway 16 and notice that the ILS identifier is missing... thats why it doesnt work correctly in the game. the latest scenery release has this bug.

Jeepee

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2008, 11:31:44 pm »
Jeepee you realize you just created more problems than you had, right? now the ILS16 is all messed up with your afcad. Why do you insist on deleting runways???? Honestly, your afcads are great, but please dont touch any runways or navaids. Now I am worried that your afcad for EBBR also messed up the navaids.
Hello Al,

I checked once again my AFCAD this evening, performing a slewing along the full ILS 16 ('IZH', 110.50 MHz) localizer and 3° glide path on runway 16, and compared it with official navigational publication (taking into account the correct QNH setting).

As you can see on my screenshots hereunder, I passed respectively the two ILS DME fixes at D8.2 and D3.0 at respectively 4,000 feet and 2,340 feet; which are the precisely correct values on the chart !
And believe me, even in reality, you can't get more precise than this -due to instrumental error or atmospheric conditions-.
Even the scenery PAPIs do agree with my AFCAD ILSs.
Sooo... I'm once more convinced that my AFCAD file works as it should.  ;D

An official approach plate for the ILS runway 16 at LSZH:

Fully established on the ILS runway 16, passing DME fix D3.0 at 2,340':

The only 'problem' I have when deleting the fake runways is a longer queue at holding points for departure.  So what...!?  Just choose one another suitable runway (I mean in respect of the given wind) for departure, and you're all done !
If you use all these fake runways, just listen the ATIS, and you'll understand my pain... lol   It takes you 1 hour to listen for all the runways currently in use; simply ridiculous !
But once again, I never obliged anybody to use my file; you may of course dislike my point of view.  Fine, don't use it then.

Concerning EBBR, just point me any error if you find one, and I'll be more than happy to correct it, if any   ;)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 11:36:01 pm by Jeepee »
Jean-Philippe DELWICHE
Line Training Captain B737
TUI Airlines Belgium (trading as Jetairfly.com)

www.jetairfly.com

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 11:50:01 pm »
thats why it doesnt work correctly in the game. the latest scenery release has this bug.

It works here, AFCAD supplied with latest Zurich version:

[attachment deleted by admin]