Author Topic: Buildings disappear after install  (Read 75626 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Buildings disappear after install
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2011, 08:01:04 am »
I finally managed to sort the problem of only some buildings appearing by re-allocating the memory in the bios settings which i forgot to do when i recently re-built windows

So that's confirms what I was saying all along, that it was something related to the video card.

but now each time I load a flight at klax i am getting an ntdll.dll fault and ctd

ntdll.dll crash doesn't have anything to do with the scenery either, it's a low-level memory allocation problem, possibly related to the above video card issue, but it's difficult to say. As usual, fact that it happens at KLAX only, doesn't mean anything, since you said it's the only addon airport with everything else default, it can simply mean your memory problem happens only when more than a certain amount of it is requested, and the default airports are not complex enough to trigger it.

TheLurk

« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2011, 10:16:26 pm »
hello together..just wanted to chime in...the reason i registered i downloaded the trial of FSDT LAX 1.1 today and what do you know? with addonmanager 2.8.1.0 i got the VERY same issue...no buildings at all at any given FSDT scenery...

i found with older versions (2.8.0.8 ) i do get buildings for a short while before i get the couatl error (cryptographic panic bla bla)

and btw i highly doubt its related to the graphics card or anything else...it ALL basically points to the addon manager itself causing the problem i can run trial versions of the sceneries just perfectly fine with any addonmanager version BELOW 2.8.1.0....very interesting i most certainly will refrain from purchasing this very fine looking scenery with problems like that

btw: running a slightly OC'd i7 with an nvidia 480 on w7 x64
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 10:24:03 pm by TheLurk »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2011, 11:05:35 pm »
hello together..just wanted to chime in...the reason i registered i downloaded the trial of FSDT LAX 1.1 today and what do you know? with addonmanager 2.8.1.0 i got the VERY same issue...no buildings at all at any given FSDT scenery...

It's not possible that, by downloading KLAX today, you would end up getting the 1.1 version, since the current version is 1.2.1 and it's online since October 25th, I've downloaded it again now, just to be absolutely sure, and I can confirm it IS version 1.2.1 (check the installer when it starts)

So, if you really have version 1.1, is expected it won't work. It's possible you downloaded before th 25th, but you installed it only now ? Or you downloaded it again but you already downloaded before, so your browser has cached the download giving you the previous version again ?

Try to download after clearing the browser cache, and be sure the installer reads 1.2.1 when it starts.

and btw i highly doubt its related to the graphics card or anything else...

You are confusing with an entirely different problem a couple of users had, with *some* parts of buildings missing, not just the whole scenery missing, and THOSE are surely caused by video card problem, but have nothing to do with your problem.

TheLurk

« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2011, 11:14:08 pm »
alright yes you are correct that was a bit weirdly stated it IS 1.2.1 i didnt know you updated it internally i was referring to 1.1 of the scenery (with the updated buildings etc.) but the problem remains unfortunatley

so what has to do with my problem? i double and triple checked a good install of the trial and the state of my machine and FSX... as i said i can run older FSDT releases just fine with the older addonmanager but as soon as i got 2.8.1.0 on my system stuff starts to go downhill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #139 on: October 29, 2011, 11:22:12 pm »
so what has to do with my problem? i double and triple checked a good install of the trial and the state of my machine and FSX... as i said i can run older FSDT releases just fine with the older addonmanager but as soon as i got 2.8.1.0 on my system stuff starts to go downhill

Don't install the old Addon Manager, remove it, uninstall KLAX, reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon manager?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine?" which are made at the end, then reinstall KLAX 1.2.1 and it will work.

Of course, be sure you HAVE the Addon Manager menu AND the Couatl menu in FSX, because if you don't, that's a whole entirely different problem that just not having the current version of KLAX, and it's surely related to antivirus or other issue that prevent the program to run. And, if you see startup error messages, please report them here.

TheLurk

« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2011, 11:37:51 pm »

Don't install the old Addon Manager, remove it, uninstall KLAX, reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon manager?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine?" which are made at the end, then reinstall KLAX 1.2.1 and it will work.

Of course, be sure you HAVE the Addon Manager menu AND the Couatl menu in FSX, because if you don't, that's a whole entirely different problem that just not having the current version of KLAX, and it's surely related to antivirus or other issue that prevent the program to run. And, if you see startup error messages, please report them here.

alright so...i did run a clean install as you said my antivirus, firewall etc. are OFF and disabled...my UAC and DEP are also OFF and have been for a long while...

the only messages at FSX start where the ones to allow the modules to be loaded...confirmed with YES as usual

result: NO buildings NO addonmanager and NO couatly menu in FSX

proof: see attach

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #141 on: October 30, 2011, 12:27:59 am »
the only messages at FSX start where the ones to allow the modules to be loaded...confirmed with YES as usual

result: NO buildings NO addonmanager and NO couatly menu in FSX

Ok, so your problem is not the scenery version, is that BOTH modules are not even *running*. Fact that both are not running, seems to indicate that, more than an antivirus problem (which usually affects Couatl only), could be a problem with your Windows configuration, you are likely missing some system libraries, or some of them are corrupted.

Some users fixed this by running Windows Update and being sure everything on the system is updated.

TheLurk

« Reply #142 on: October 30, 2011, 09:50:36 am »
i *AM* 110% *SURE* that my system is A. UP-TO-DATE and B. Configured *CORRECTLY*

again: FACT that i can PROOF: if i install any given scenery with any given older addon manager it WORKS till i get the cryptographic signature panic from couatl but that IS normal i KNOW

but for the sake of argument i tried the very same KLAX 1.2.1 installer on my notebook with a basic FSX SP2 install and it DID NOT WORK!

you want to teamview onto my system to see for yourself? or do you have any more "advice" for me to follow before you actually _START_ to investigate the problem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #143 on: October 30, 2011, 10:47:16 am »
i *AM* 110% *SURE* that my system is A. UP-TO-DATE and B. Configured *CORRECTLY*

And HOW I was supposed to KNOW, without ASKING first ?

again: FACT that i can PROOF: if i install any given scenery with any given older addon manager it WORKS till i get the cryptographic signature panic from couatl but that IS normal i KNOW

This simply means that what's wrong on your system which is preventing the current version to work, wasn't affecting the previous version, but still doesn't mean the new version doesn't work, otherwise it won't work for *everyone*, not just you...

but for the sake of argument i tried the very same KLAX 1.2.1 installer on my notebook with a basic FSX SP2 install and it DID NOT WORK!

Sorry, but this can't be. Before replying to you yesterday, I downloaded the installer again from our website (just to be sure there was nothing wrong with it), and of course it worked right away.

you want to teamview onto my system to see for yourself? or do you have any more "advice" for me to follow before you actually _START_ to investigate the problem?

Yes, please send me a PM with your session code. And please, stop communicating this way, what's those double quotes around "advice" and that emphasis on _start_ as if you WEREN'T being supported already ?
[/quote]

TheLurk

« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2011, 04:23:06 pm »

Sorry, but this can't be. Before replying to you yesterday, I downloaded the installer again from our website (just to be sure there was nothing wrong with it), and of course it worked right away.

well i am most certainly not lying to you fact of the matter is i tried a freshly(!) downloaded LAX 1.2.1 installer on my laptop with an almost identical FSX configuration and again i didnt have either the addonmanager nor couatl in the addons tab

both my desktop and laptop are kept in as perfect as possible condition system wise the only other idea that i have is that it MIGHT clash with some other addon i have installed...

further more...for testing purpose i installed a pretty old version, 2.8.0.2 to be exact, of the addon manager and poof...i had both entries in the addons tab same goes for every other version i tested up to 2.8.1.0...so either i am missing some EXTREMLY weird and small detail OR there is a problem with the addonmanager itself...

those are the two options you can hardly argue with that imho...

i am sorry for comming of harsh but im just stressed out by that and pretty angry i cant use my other FSDT sceneries at the moment without rolling back
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 04:25:03 pm by TheLurk »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2011, 04:29:10 pm »
well i am most certainly not lying to you fact of the matter is i tried a freshly(!) downloaded LAX 1.2.1 installer on my laptop with an almost identical FSX configuration and again i didnt have either the addonmanager nor couatl in the addons tab

You already said this, NOBODY is saying you are "lying", I believe you have this problem, but it's sure it doesn't have anything to do with the Addon Manager or the installer, since (as I've said) it works just fine here.

further more...for testing purpose i installed a pretty old version, 2.8.0.2 to be exact, of the addon manager and poof...i had both entries in the addons tab same goes for every other version i tested up to 2.8.1.0...so either i am missing some EXTREMLY weird and small detail OR there is a problem with the addonmanager itself...

You already said this, and I've already said it's a waste of your time keep trying the old version, which won't work with KLAX in every case so, why keep trying ?

i am sorry for comming of harsh but im just stressed out by that and pretty angry i cant use my other FSDT sceneries at the moment without rolling back

You asked to connect with Teamviewer, and I already said it's OK and you should have sent me a PM with your session code by now, I'm still waiting...yes IT IS Sunday, but I'm still waiting nonetheless to help you so, please, stop the "very angry" thing, and I'll have a check on your system.

TheLurk

« Reply #146 on: October 30, 2011, 04:52:47 pm »
PM sent...i belive its not in the out box tho

TheLurk

« Reply #147 on: October 30, 2011, 06:55:10 pm »
ok so after a bit lengthy teamview session the problem was found and solved and what do you know? it was my own fault/problem all along

thanks again to umberto for helping me on a sunday evening now i can go and enjoy these great sceneries the way they're meant...

a word of wisdom: dont EVER try to mess with the fsx.exe...it will do you no good  ::)

Japsican310

« Reply #148 on: March 05, 2012, 12:01:04 pm »
I have a similar problem as (BKIRCHER) either the parts of the buildings are missing or you can just see through the building & You cant see any Jetways at all. 
     I have both Couatl & addon manager in the drop down menu's.
     I have re-installed the KLAX & updated with v1.3 it along with the addon manager & Couatl.
     My Video card is up to date (Nvidia 295 update)
     I have deleted the FSX.CFG and let FSX create a new one.
     I have made sure to un-check the boxes from FSX.EXE
     I have put my video card to default settings (with no luck)
     I have set the antialiasing to off
     I have set my fsx graphics to minimal and traffic to "0"

I have read all 10 pages followed up every possible answer and I can only come up with the following:
     1. My video card is what I call maxed out/ cant keep up with what FSX wants to do.
     2. I have mega scenery (Los Angeles & Phoenix ) Installed.
     3. I have UT2 Installed (but disabled).
     4. I think its either (1 or 2) like "virtuali" had previously stated to "BKIRCHER"
     5. I would hate to reinstall FSX again but if that's my only option then I guess I will do it.

My system if it helps is a Asus-G71GX laptop
Windows 7
FSX with SP2 installed
2.6Ghtz processor (Intel Core 2 Duo)
6gb Ram
Nvidia GTX 260M video card (with 295 update)

I just purchased FSDT GSX & KLAX and would greatly appreciate some help please thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #149 on: March 05, 2012, 12:48:33 pm »
Your problem doesn't have anything to do with the installation of KLAX, which is correct, and doesn't have anything to do with antivirus, etc. You have both the Addon Manager menu and Couatl running and you have the scenery, although it's missing some part, but this clearly indicates everything is running fine, there are no installation problems.

Putting all settings to minimal, also, is not a very good idea, there are bugs in FSX that objects disappear if you turn the Autogen entirely off.

Also, you should first try using *everything* at default on the video card. Something in your screenshot doesn't look right: you have the card set for 8x antialiasing and 16x anisotropic filter, which should give you a very good graphic quality, but your screenshots are really bad, with no antialiasing and no anisotropic at all, so it seems something is wrong with the video settings.

If you are sure you don't have FSX in any of the Compatibility modes (which causes problems with part of buildings disappearing), since the programs are running correctly, it can only be something wrong in your system installation that is affecting the video card, if you can't find it, a Windows reinstall will surely fix it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 12:52:08 pm by virtuali »