Author Topic: Buildings disappear after install  (Read 75610 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Buildings disappear after install
« Reply #120 on: October 02, 2011, 10:27:49 am »
FINALLY!!!! I finally got it working with the reinstall of FSX. Thanks to all that helped, it turned out to be I guess a faulty cfg and not a video driver error

Were you able to identify which .cfg was ? The fsx.cfg maybe ? In fact, this was one of the first suggestions I've made:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4687.msg43546#msg43546

But you said you already tried that. Note that, it could be still a video driver issue, which was triggered by tweak in the fsx.cfg that might affect only some cards.

If it's not the fsx.cfg, it would be helpful to know which one was, perhaps we could detect it in the installer and fix it.

flapsup

« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2011, 01:26:06 pm »
FINALLY!!!! I finally got it working with the reinstall of FSX. Thanks to all that helped, it turned out to be I guess a faulty cfg and not a video driver error

Were you able to identify which .cfg was ? The fsx.cfg maybe ? In fact, this was one of the first suggestions I've made:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=4687.msg43546#msg43546

But you said you already tried that. Note that, it could be still a video driver issue, which was triggered by tweak in the fsx.cfg that might affect only some cards.

If it's not the fsx.cfg, it would be helpful to know which one was, perhaps we could detect it in the installer and fix it.
Umberto, I noticed the user had a few pre SP2 tweaks in his FSX config, it did not concern me at the time as I thought he deleted the cfg and was using a rebuilt one. Maybe not ? That's why I concentrated on the video driver.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 01:27:56 pm by flapsup »

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #122 on: October 02, 2011, 08:07:08 pm »
I stated quite a bit earlier in the topic that it was not the fsx.cfg, cause I did what you said to do virtuali, which was to delete the cfg and let fsx rebuild it. I believe it was a faulty scenery.cfg. I had a funny feeling that it was that to begin with due to ultimate terrain changing so much and then me not using it.

flapsup

« Reply #123 on: October 02, 2011, 11:13:27 pm »
I stated quite a bit earlier in the topic that it was not the fsx.cfg, cause I did what you said to do virtuali, which was to delete the cfg and let fsx rebuild it. I believe it was a faulty scenery.cfg. I had a funny feeling that it was that to begin with due to ultimate terrain changing so much and then me not using it.
Glad you got it fixed. BTW, don't put the following back in your fsx.cfg

FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33 & SmallPartRejectRadius=2 - useless after SP2

TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TRESS_PER_CEL=1200 &
TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CEL=800 - may cause stutters

scarebus

• Plane Crazy!!!
« Reply #124 on: October 09, 2011, 03:31:40 pm »
I have done a fresh install of FSX and I still have the problem of some buildings not showing. I have the HD textures setting in my FSC.cfg and I have my scenery settings set as per the operations manual. I am using an ATI video card. As it stands I am un able to use this addon since I purchased it on release day and wanted to know if a fix has been found for this problem?? The only other addons installed are FSGX 2010 Ultimate Terrain USA and Ground Enviroment Nhanced USA.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2011, 04:37:37 pm »
As it stands I am un able to use this addon since I purchased it on release day

The Trial version was available since release day, you could have chosen not to purchase it, if it didn't work on your system.

Have you installed the current 1.1 version ?

and wanted to know if a fix has been found for this problem??

The problem is not the scenery, the only thing we can found, is what wrong setting in FSX affects it. Your FSX install is surely not fresh, since you installed two very large addons. Did you tried the scenery *before* installing them, when FSX was *really* fresh ?

However, from your description of the problem, it doesn't seem to the the same of bkircher: you said you have *some* buildings missing, he had *parts* of buildings missing. Please, describe exactly if this is your problem, and which buildings are missing and if whole buildings are missing, or just parts.

scarebus

• Plane Crazy!!!
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2011, 05:37:12 pm »
I should have said I installed v1.1 the main terminal complex is visible but others not but the jetways are visible, also the cargo buildings are not visible. I have taken some screenshots to show you what I mean.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 05:46:37 pm by scarebus »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2011, 09:23:14 pm »
Your problem seems to be different that bkircher, he had *parts* missing from all buildings, you have *some* buildings entirely missing.

However, since I see non-default AI in your screenshots, you surely added other addons in addition to FSX. Since you said your FSX install it's "fresh", couldn't you simply try to install KLAX 1.1 as the FIRST thing you do after installing FSX *really* fresh (maning FSX + SP2 and nothing else) ?

BTW, I have FSX+UT2 installed, and of course there are no problems whatsoever at KLAX. And yes, I have an ATI too.

scarebus

• Plane Crazy!!!
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2011, 11:49:00 pm »
ok I will try with just fsx and lax v1.1 and see what I get, thx for your help so far.

scarebus

• Plane Crazy!!!
« Reply #129 on: October 13, 2011, 05:13:47 pm »
Ok after just installing a clean fsx and sp1+2 and default ai all buildings displayed correctly but then after 2 or 3 times of loading the airport the same problem returns of only some buildings displaying.  I am really stumped do you think it is a problem with my graphics card because when i come out of windowed mode and go back into full screen mode most of the textures are gone and the sky is black so i have to close fsx and restart.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #130 on: October 13, 2011, 05:16:19 pm »
I am really stumped do you think it is a problem with my graphics card because when i come out of windowed mode and go back into full screen mode most of the textures are gone and the sky is black so i have to close fsx and restart.

Yes, that would indicate your video card has issues.

Exiting/Entering full screen mode IS a tricky operation, it's likely the driver could have problems, and it usually quite slow (it takes up to 10 seconds on my system, but it works ok), so I guess if the video driver has some issues, this could be critical.

scarebus

• Plane Crazy!!!
« Reply #131 on: October 13, 2011, 05:18:43 pm »
I will try updating the driver then and see if that sorts. Thx  ;)

scarebus

• Plane Crazy!!!
« Reply #132 on: October 13, 2011, 05:42:24 pm »
I have installed the latest driver but still have same problem. Is there something in the Catalyst control centre that I am not setting correctly, wot do you have yours set to?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #133 on: October 13, 2011, 06:09:55 pm »
I have installed the latest driver but still have same problem. Is there something in the Catalyst control centre that I am not setting correctly, wot do you have yours set to?

Everything is reset to default, except Force Antialiasing 4x and Force Anisotropic 16x.

scarebus

• Plane Crazy!!!
« Reply #134 on: October 17, 2011, 01:56:32 am »
I finally managed to sort the problem of only some buildings appearing by re-allocating the memory in the bios settings which i forgot to do when i recently re-built windows but now each time I load a flight at klax i am getting an ntdll.dll fault and ctd. It is really weird because if I load a flt at any other airport which are all default as KLAX is the only addon airport i have installed it loads correctly and no ntdll.dll ctd.