Author Topic: Buildings disappear after install  (Read 75644 times)

flapsup

Re: Buildings disappear after install
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2011, 12:01:12 am »
Its like your suggesting me to buy a new card just to run this scenery. I wont do that. If i had probelms with video card drivers, id be having problems with my other games as well. I dont. They all run just fine. I love your guys' support, but Im kind of getting frustrated because the common goal here should be to fix the problem and make it run for everyone, yet thats not exactly happening here. Im sorry but I wish something else could be done.
Don't compare using other games when it comes to FSX. Your problem is your video card is not rendering correctly, and the main reason for that is your driver, as I have stated several posts back. To overcome this ambiguity you are having with partial building will require you to ditch your current driver, 280.26 (assuming you are still using it) and install 270.61.

The 270.61 display driver is the best for rendering in fsx  Nvidia display cards 200,400 & 500 series.  As Umberto said, unless you adress the video card driver issue, you will continue to see partial buildings and other weird things, and not just in KLAX either.

The downside for you is not having a dedicated fsx computer, and as you run other games, you have to decide which is more important.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 12:03:33 am by flapsup »

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2011, 12:09:05 am »
Don't compare using other games when it comes to FSX. Your problem is your video card is not rendering correctly, and the main reason for that is your driver, as I have stated several posts back. To overcome this ambiguity you are having with partial building will require you to ditch your current driver, 280.26 (assuming you are still using it) and install 270.61.

Ive mentioned before that I have tried that driver........ Nothing works!

flapsup

« Reply #107 on: October 02, 2011, 12:24:33 am »

Ive mentioned before that I have tried that driver........ Nothing works!
Ok, then something is causing your driver to not render correctly, maybe a rouge file from previous install. The ultimate test would be to try another video card. I know you don't like driver sweeper, but I have been using that for yonks, without a problem. You might have to bite the bullit and try it again...then install the 270.61 driver again. When troubleshooting, it is not over till the fat lady sings.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #108 on: October 02, 2011, 12:32:28 am »
Can u give me some detailed instructions on how to use driver sweeper? Ill be willing to try it, I just dont want to mess anything up.

flapsup

« Reply #109 on: October 02, 2011, 01:12:05 am »
Can u give me some detailed instructions on how to use driver sweeper? Ill be willing to try it, I just dont want to mess anything up.
Ok, Step1: go to add/remove in control panel, uninstall nvidia driver

2: reboot, as the bios loads, tap F8 and go into safe mode. Windows help will load, slowly (remember you in safe mode, everything runs slowly) close that.

3: Open Driver Sweep from the icon on the desktop

4: You will see a list of installed drivers like sound and graphic drivers, just make sure any entries ticked are only Nvidia.

5: click Analyze, then remove.

6: Reboot when fin.

7: Now install your 270.61 drivers, select custom install, and if you do not use 3D Vision, untick all the boxes except Graphics drive.

8: Reboot PC

9: Now the setting up the driver will require NVidia Inspector. http://hw-lab.com/nvidia-inspector-1-9-5-5.html

10:install if not already, and adjust your display setting. Do not use Nvidia Control panel. For instructions on setting this up, go here
http://www.simforums.com/forums/nhancer-settings-for-new-drivers-updated-v1932_topic36586.html

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 01:17:03 am by flapsup »

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #110 on: October 02, 2011, 01:23:04 am »

Reboot to what, reg or safe mood?

flapsup

« Reply #111 on: October 02, 2011, 01:31:50 am »

Reboot to what, reg or safe mood?
Reboot after driver sweeper has finished, back into normal windows mode. then install 270.61

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #112 on: October 02, 2011, 01:47:32 am »
Ok thnaks, what is your current ds version?

flapsup

« Reply #113 on: October 02, 2011, 01:56:38 am »
Ok thnaks, what is your current ds version?

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #114 on: October 02, 2011, 02:09:31 am »
Ok thanks, do I need nhancer?

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #115 on: October 02, 2011, 02:13:41 am »
The setting names dont match your link with how to set it up.

UPDATE

Followed your steps and I still have the problem.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 02:19:11 am by bkircher »

flapsup

« Reply #116 on: October 02, 2011, 02:28:56 am »
Ok thanks, do I need nhancer?
Use the link #9 Nvidia insp. Nhancer no longer works with driver version 195.xxx above

flapsup

« Reply #117 on: October 02, 2011, 02:31:45 am »
The setting names dont match your link with how to set it up.

UPDATE

Followed your steps and I still have the problem.
Nothing else I can suggest. As it is not a error with FSDT KLAX, you will need to look at something else.  Scenery config could be corrupted, or something in your windows registry moe like.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #118 on: October 02, 2011, 02:38:24 am »
Ok, Im gonna reinstall fsx, and see if that does anything. In the process of backing everything up.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #119 on: October 02, 2011, 09:20:30 am »
FINALLY!!!! I finally got it working with the reinstall of FSX. Thanks to all that helped, it turned out to be I guess a faulty cfg and not a video driver error.