Author Topic: Buildings disappear after install  (Read 75609 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Buildings disappear after install
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2011, 11:35:36 am »
In any case, we are working at adding additional safety measures to have Couatl self-quit in case FSX panics is some way and can't shut it down properly.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #91 on: September 28, 2011, 07:31:24 am »
I dont think that problem of the coutl engine shutting off will help my case of partial buildings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2011, 10:03:19 am »
I dont think that problem of the coutl engine shutting off will help my case of partial buildings.

Surely not, if there's a Couatl process stuck from the previous run, you would see no buildings at all and no Couatl menu on the next FSX run. Your problem is clearly caused by a video driver/card issue.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2011, 07:27:46 am »
Man Ive tried everything, all the recommended settings, drivers, and I still get nothing to work.

jfriz

« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2011, 08:59:18 am »
I installed DTKLAX yesterday.  Am having the same problems.  No buildings. 
Have read through all the forums.
I  have the add-ons drop down, and the add on manager, with the virtuali page.
I also  installed with the Avast, anti-virus turned off.

Thanks,
JerryF

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2011, 10:11:33 am »
Man Ive tried everything, all the recommended settings, drivers, and I still get nothing to work.

Since your problem can only be caused by a video driver problem, there's nothing in the KLAX installation that can fix it, you need to fix your video driver problem.

It get confusing here, because we are mixing problems and suggestions related to simply missing buildings (which *are* created by errors in installation and can be fixed using the proper install procedures) and your specific problem of partial building missing, which is entirely different and it's not related in any way to the scenery.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2011, 10:12:49 am »
I  have the add-ons drop down, and the add on manager, with the virtuali page.I also  installed with the Avast, anti-virus turned off.

As explained in all the thread, having just the Addon Manager under the addons menu it's not enough: you need to have BOTH menus, Addon Manager AND Couatl powered products. If one is missing, no buildings will show.

Do you have both menus, or just one ?

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2011, 11:33:06 pm »
It just sucks that nothing can be done.

altena

« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2011, 04:46:40 pm »
Hello,

It could be important, not only looking to the differences of the problem, but try to find out, if there is some connection between all those people, having a problem with disappearing buildings, partial or all buildings.
For instance: who of you had installed KLAX2 V1.0, and then after unstalling this, installed the update KLAX2 V1.1?

Kind regards,
Henk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2011, 05:17:35 pm »
if there is some connection between all those people, having a problem with disappearing buildings, partial or all buildings.

As already explained, partial or all disappearing buildings are ENTIRELY different problems.

PARTIAL disappearing buildings don't have anything to do with KLAX and its different releases: they are a video card/driver problem, don't waste your time trying to uninstall/reinstall KLAX, because it doesn't depend in any way by it.

ENTIRELY disappearing buildings are most commonly a problem of the antivirus so, first check that one and check that both the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus are there.

If you are reasonably sure it's not the antivirus, install KLAX 1.1 and, if you reinstall another FSDT scenery using an older installer, either install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager for FSX OR reinstall KLAX 1.1 again.

altena

« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2011, 05:43:43 pm »
Umberto,
Thanks for your answer. However, I did not ask you for this answer, because your answer is exactly a beautiful example of the way you lead this forum. Beleive me, I have read this thread (and many other threads) carefully, and I know what you have answered to all of the posts in this thread.
My question was clear: I invited the forum members to answer my question, and I really hope they will react. I'm a member of many forums, and in almost all forums: forum members try to help other forum members, and the forum leader is (of course) invited to contribute, no doubt. But, please don't make this a two-way discussion again. We are not little children anymore, that should be guides by Daddy alone.
Sorry for saying this, but it irritates me.

So again to the forum members: let's try to find the solution together.

Best regards,
Henk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2011, 06:05:21 pm »
However, I did not ask you for this answer

Since this is our own support forum, replies will come whenever we believe they are necessary.

because your answer is exactly a beautiful example of the way you lead this forum

Exactly: with the utmost attention to giving correct answers and trying not to confuse people.

Since discussing two things that are ENTIRELY unrelated, which is partial vs entirely missing buildings, as if they were in some way related, WILL confuse people and will only result in wasting their time applying solutions that are correct for only one type of the problem, to an entirely unrelated one, it's important I will always repeat this, because not everybody (nobody, in fact) reads all threads entirely.

I'm a member of many forums, and in almost all forums: forum members try to help other forum members, and the forum leader is (of course) invited to contribute, no doubt. But, please don't make this a two-way discussion again

This is not a public discussion forum, it's our own support forum, which means users should always ask to the source for support, if they have to rely on other users for help because we can't fix their problem, it means we are failing doing our job as support, and we don't have the slightest intention of even start giving the impression we don't support everyone as best as possible.

So again to the forum members: let's try to find the solution together.

There's nothing to be found, because there's such thing as "the" problem. There are lots of different things that can happen, which requires to be dealt separately and with different solutions.

If anyone still doesn't see buildings after installing the latest KLAX 1.1 and after being sure no older installers were launched after it (in this case reinstalling the latest KLAX 1.1 or the latest Addon Manager will fix it), report here, and will see his own specific case and will look for his own specific solution.

If anyone still sees partial buildings, it's probably better to open a separate thread about this, because it's nothing related to KLAX, not directly at least, meaning KLAX is made in a way that is triggering some kind of video driver problem that you already had, or a memory leakage you already had.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2011, 08:01:58 pm »
Lets not fight about whose who and who can do what. That will solve nothing

I just would like to find a solution. To me I honestly have no idea how it could be a video card issue. Ive never had any issues with any scenery or fsdt scenery in particular as far as video card settings go. Ive tried everything that could potentially make a difference, and nothing works, which is why to me I think its something other than a video card problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2011, 09:13:27 pm »
Ive never had any issues with any scenery or fsdt scenery in particular as far as video card settings go

This is fairly different that any of our other sceneries. KDFW maybe it's the closest thing, but KLAX is way more complex, meaning it require a bug-free video driver, because it relies MORE on shaders than KDFW. All other FSDT sceneries don't have anything in common with KLAX.

Ive tried everything that could potentially make a difference, and nothing works, which is why to me I think its something other than a video card problem.

It's surely a video card/driver problem and, even if you tried acting on the video card settings and nothing happened, it can still be a video card/driver problem, which probably doesn't manifest unless you have a specific combination of installed addons under a specific combination of video cards/drivers and settings.

If the problem was the scenery, everyone would see it but, instead, I think there are 2-3 users at most that reported *partial* buildings which, as I've said, it's really a unique problem. Those buildings are modeled to be solid meshes, we wouldn't be able to make them disappearing in parts even if we wanted to do it on purpose.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2011, 09:57:37 pm »
Its like your suggesting me to buy a new card just to run this scenery. I wont do that. If i had probelms with video card drivers, id be having problems with my other games as well. I dont. They all run just fine. I love your guys' support, but Im kind of getting frustrated because the common goal here should be to fix the problem and make it run for everyone, yet thats not exactly happening here. Im sorry but I wish something else could be done.