Author Topic: Buildings disappear after install  (Read 75639 times)

bkircher

• Beta tester
Re: Buildings disappear after install
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2011, 06:31:23 pm »
Ill try those settings when I get home. Thanks for the help.

emmcap

« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2011, 04:52:27 am »
This shouldn't simply happen, but if it does, check if you have a couatl.err file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if you have it, post its content here. In any case, there wasn't any need to reinstall all the other sceneries.

WHERE CAN I FIND THIS FILES I AM EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN  START THE GAME ALL THE BUILDINGS ARE VANISH AND JUST REMAIN THE JETWEYS

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2011, 05:14:41 am »
Hey I tried those settings you recommended me applying, and I still have nothing.

flapsup

« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2011, 05:58:06 am »
This shouldn't simply happen, but if it does, check if you have a couatl.err file in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder and if you have it, post its content here. In any case, there wasn't any need to reinstall all the other sceneries.

WHERE CAN I FIND THIS FILES I AM EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEM WHEN  START THE GAME ALL THE BUILDINGS ARE VANISH AND JUST REMAIN THE JETWEYS
Stop yelling!!!!

flapsup

« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2011, 06:08:28 am »
Hey I tried those settings you recommended me applying, and I still have nothing.
You have someting configured wrong, You might have alread done this, have you installed stand alone addon manager ?

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2011, 07:01:12 am »
Yes.

flapsup

« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2011, 07:14:24 am »
Yes.
By any chance using UTX ? An if so, is it in the scenery layer below all FSDT airports ?

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2011, 07:17:50 am »
I bought LAX just the other day, Saturday night I think and it worked fine for the few minutes I tested it with the default Jet Ranger.

The next day, I fired up FSX with LAX again and spent about 30 minutes looking around the airport, then switched to night time and looked around more. Everything worked fine and no problems.

A few hours later I returned to FSX, loaded up LAX with the default Ranger again and for some reason all the building were missing this time, except for the jetways. Total mystery since I had already used FSX and LAX a few times already, hadn't made any changes in FSX or on my computer, checked the exe.xml and dll.xml to make sure all the entries were still there, which they were, and also checked Addon Manager while in FSX to make sure it was activated, which it was.

Turned out for some reason, even after FSX has been closed, I opened the task manager and the Couatl process was still running, which after shutting down FSX it usually closes. I manually closed the process, started FSX again and went to LAX and the buildings were back. For some reason I have noticed the once in a while with the latest version of Addon Manager installed, couatl keeps running or doesn't shut down upon the exit of FSX.

Not sure if this is the case with why you guys are having a problem with the buildings disappearing, but I thought I would mention it since the same thing had happened to me and I was able to fix it by closing the Couatl process myself.

kozmicelly

« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2011, 07:39:35 am »
I confirmed this.
But the couatl not closing is the first session of FSX only. After that, second session, third session......everytime the couatl closed normally.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2011, 07:42:39 am »
I confirmed this.
But the couatl not closing is the first session of FSX only. After that, second session, third session......everytime the couatl closed normally.

I noticed that after I closed it manually the first time, when I exited FSX the second time it was still running again and had to manually close it again.

Not sure if its a bug as Ihave never checked in the past, but in all the years using FSDT airports, I have never noticed Couatl running after FSX was closed. Perhaps a bug? I dont know, maybe its something Umberto can check and get back to us on.

kozmicelly

« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2011, 07:53:50 am »
Yes, you're right about the second session.
I'm sure Virtuali will check it and do something about it, because at least two users confirmed that.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2011, 08:38:26 am »
By any chance using UTX ? An if so, is it in the scenery layer below all FSDT airports ?

I used to have utx, and yes it was below most fsdt sceneries. Now, I no longer have it, I uninstalled it and reinstalled the GEX textures.

Also what is this about the coutl engine?? What do I need to look for so I can confirm it as well.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2011, 09:30:54 am »
Also what is this about the coutl engine?? What do I need to look for so I can confirm it as well.

Just press ctrl-Alt-del and bring up the task manager and click on the processes tab and see if couatl is still running after you exit FSX. It should turn off once you exit FSX but in my case it hadn't and when I started FSX again with it still running and went to LAX all the buildings were gone.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2011, 09:55:16 am »
There's no bug, it's just that, if you are using lots of memory-hungry addons that takes lots of memory, it will take a while for FSX to close properly, even if you don't see it on screen anymore so, if you launch it again, it's possible that couatl didn't get the chance to be properly shut down by FSX.

Just to be clear: it's FSX itself that has to shut down couatl.exe when it closes, it's not couatl.exe that needs to take care of its own shut down, it's entirely outside our control, maybe if it *was* under our control, it would work...

kozmicelly

« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2011, 10:23:37 am »
Thanks Virtuali.

I didn't know "it's FSX itself that has to shut down couatl.exe when it closes, it's not couatl.exe".
I should have known it. I knew it takes some time to shut down FSX completely............
Your explanations are always logical and clear that I've been quite impressed by.