Author Topic: Buildings disappear after install  (Read 75655 times)

bkircher

• Beta tester
Re: Buildings disappear after install
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2011, 09:02:51 am »
I have both on, and they are still blurry... This problem is bizzare, some of the buildings are underground...

Correction I thought I had both on, but only one was on. Fixed the blurry textures part. As far as the buildings not having sides and partially underground for some, I have no idea. Still have no jetways.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 09:10:43 am by bkircher »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2011, 09:54:58 am »
I have both on, and they are still blurry... This problem is bizzare, some of the buildings are underground...

Blurred textures doesn't have anything to do with underground buildings or the rest of your problems.

Correction I thought I had both on, but only one was on. Fixed the blurry textures part.

I was fairly sure of that...it's seems you had multiple issues at the same time that affects visual quality, because you are getting different problems all at once.

Correction I thought I had both on, but only one was on. Fixed the blurry textures part. As far as the buildings not having sides and partially underground for some, I have no idea. Still have no jetways.

Fact you don't have jetways, clearly confirms the problem is nothing related to the scenery or our program modules, since jetways are one of the only things left in the scenery which are plain standard BGL and they have to be made in a very specific way according to the SDK, otherwise they won't move. When the Trial end, or the software are not loaded for any reason, the only thing that remains in the scenery, are the jetways.

The only things that can make jetways disappear, it's another AFCAD in conflict OR (which seems more likely in your case, considering you also have problem with partial buildings) a video driver problem.

scarebus

• Plane Crazy!!!
« Reply #47 on: September 21, 2011, 12:06:26 pm »
Hi I also have the problem of some buildings showing up and some not. I have tried all of the things previously mentioned and I have installed the latest stand alone addon manager and also tried AI setting 0% and still the same. When the scenery loads the pillars for the buildings show but then disappear??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2011, 01:39:49 pm »
Hi I also have the problem of some buildings showing up and some not

No, you don't have the same problem. The problem discussed here it's that PARTS of buildings are missing, which can only be caused by a video driver problem.

Your problem is entirely different, from your screenshot it shows you have some buildings appearing entirely, and some entirely not visible. And, you are seeing the apron lights, which shouldn't appear at day.

Have you set any of the Compatibility modes for the FSX.EXE file ? If yes, right-click on the FSX.EXE file, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and turn off everything in that page.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 01:41:57 pm by virtuali »

lostinthe619

« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2011, 03:07:16 pm »
Just had a problem with the buildings disappearing after a couple minutes, but there is no error log.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2011, 03:44:38 pm »
Just had a problem with the buildings disappearing after a couple minutes, but there is no error log.

Is the scenery reported as active ?

If it's still in Trial, it just normal they would disappear, and 5 minutes are counted from the moment you select the airport in the menu so, if you wait or you FSX loads very slow, it might seem as only a couple of minutes into the flight.

lostinthe619

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2011, 05:47:11 pm »
I activated it by putting in my keycode and it reads as active and valid, but 5 mins or so into it the buildings disappear as though it's still in trial mode.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2011, 06:37:18 pm »
I tried resetting my graphics card settings, and still the problem persists.

lostinthe619

« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2011, 06:58:22 pm »
I activated it by putting in my keycode and it reads as active and valid, but 5 mins or so into it the buildings disappear as though it's still in trial mode.

I got it fixed.  I completely restarted FSX instead of just starting a new flight and that seems to have done the trick.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2011, 08:10:11 pm »
I tried resetting my graphics card settings, and still the problem persists.

This can only mean your graphic driver has a bug that can't be fixed by restarting settings. Have you tried to let this site:

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

making an optimized fsx.cfg ?

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2011, 02:22:09 am »
Ya I have tried that website. Works great.

I guess so. Ill have to manually download some new drivers or something.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2011, 03:04:35 am »
I just did a clean install of my graphics drivers and that hasnt worked either.

flapsup

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2011, 05:05:43 am »
I just did a clean install of my graphics drivers and that hasnt worked either.
What driver version ? Did you use driver sweeper in safe mode after uninstalling your drivers ? The most stable driver is the 270.61, I would suggest trying that one. Do not use the clean install within the driver, sometimes it can cause a nvdumm.dll error in fsx, use the method above.
It would help if you post a screenie of your nvidia settings. ( Nvidia Inspector).

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2011, 06:18:10 am »
I believe its 280.26. No I did not, but I did uninstall the original ones in safe mode. Still nothing. All of my other fsdt scenerys work. I used driver sweep once, and I had major problems, and so I tend to stay away from it now.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:21:09 am by bkircher »

flapsup

« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2011, 06:29:18 am »
I believe its 280.26. No I did not, but I did uninstall the original ones in safe mode. Still nothing. All of my other fsdt scenerys work. I used driver sweep once, and I had major problems, and so I tend to stay away from it now.
I have all the FSDT airports, including KLAX and no problems, sometimes a complex addon, like klax or even the NGX can bring out any weakness in your system, even a corrupt reg. Even your scenery config could be your problem. And of course a afcad buried somwhere. If it was KLAX, we would all have the problem. Too be honest, I would not use the 280.26, I have a GTX580, and found that driver made the card run hotter. There was reports from users that it was not all that stable with FSX, but if your happy with it, so be it. Good luck.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 06:34:16 am by flapsup »