Author Topic: Buildings disappear after install  (Read 75647 times)

bkircher

• Beta tester
Re: Buildings disappear after install
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2011, 07:50:33 pm »
I have an i7 quad, i dont think my system is overloaded.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2011, 08:35:31 pm »
Have you tried or not lowering the Scenery Complexity, which seemed to have fixed the issue for the other user in the post I've linked ?

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2011, 10:02:56 pm »
I did try that, and it still didnt fix the problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2011, 10:10:04 pm »
Have you checked if you have the "Transparency anti-aliasing" option of the video card settings turned on ? If yes, turn it off because it creates visual problems, and the manual alerts about this.

If it's not that, then I'm sorry but, although it's clearly a problem with your system (there are exactly 2 users that reported parts of objects missing, and jhonarmstrong said it hasn't replicated), I think to have exhausted all the possible solutions.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2011, 10:16:40 pm »
Ill check that once I get home, im currently at work.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2011, 04:36:31 am »
How many bgl files are there supposed to be in the scenery folder?? Right now I only have 6 bgl files and 80 texture files. Is that right?

Brian S

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2011, 05:21:48 am »
That's how many I have.  I would imagine its correct.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2011, 09:56:24 am »
How many bgl files are there supposed to be in the scenery folder?? Right now I only have 6 bgl files and 80 texture files. Is that right?

Yes, that's correct, we don't put much in the scenery folder anymore, most of the scenery is in the Simobjects folder. The installer can't fail to copy files without giving some kind warnings and it has self-integrity checks so, it won't even start if the download was somehow corrupted.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2011, 07:05:41 pm »
This problem just doesnt make any sense.... Every other fsdt scenery works, no other lax scenery, brand new computer, have no idea what is making this happen...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2011, 08:11:08 pm »
This problem just doesnt make any sense...

Exactly, there's no way we could let just a piece of a solid object disappearing unintentionally, it would take quite a bit of modeling and programming to do it on purpose, the only possible reason is something related to the rendering system so, either it's an FSX setting, or it's a video card setting.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2011, 02:06:52 am »
Just have no idea what setting that could be. Really unfortunate. Man you outta have me as a beta tester since im always having problems.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2011, 05:40:26 am »
Do u think that the problem could be from me having ground environment x and ultimate terrain x textures installed but currently having utx disabled which still leaves the utx textures active??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2011, 06:37:01 am »
I don't know if this can cause the problem but, I think those products can't by simply disabled in the scenery library, because they replace default files, so the default files should be restored.

bkircher

• Beta tester
« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2011, 08:39:17 am »
Any ideas as to what could be causing my partial blurry textures as well?? My hotels, some of the terminal buildings are blurry, and the parking space spots with the different stop spots for the different aircraft are blurry.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #44 on: September 21, 2011, 08:52:18 am »
Any ideas as to what could be causing my partial blurry textures as well?? My hotels, some of the terminal buildings are blurry, and the parking space spots with the different stop spots for the different aircraft are blurry.

First of all, as explained on the manual on the "Design Notes", be sure you have the "Force HD textures" option enabled in the Addon Manager, otherwise you are running at 1/4th of the overall resolution. The installer automatically sets it but, if you manually change the option or reset your FSX.CFG or edit it manually, it has to be enabled again.

If it's still blurry even with HD textures on, be sure you have Anisotropic Filtering enabled at 8x or 16x on your video card control panel.