Author Topic: Problem with Addon-Manager and Trial Mode  (Read 2805 times)

Malte

Problem with Addon-Manager and Trial Mode
« on: October 22, 2010, 06:03:59 pm »
Hi,

I don't own any of the FSDreamteam airports (yet) but have the QualityWings 757 and therefore the Addon Manager installed.
I downloaded and installed the Standalone Addon-Manager as well from one of the Info-Sites for the FSDT Products.
Yesterday I wanted to fly in Hawaii and picked PHLI which I think would be covered with the Hawaiian Airports Volume 1 and once the flight started I got the announcement that Hawaiian Airports Volume 1 now runs in Trial-Mode. But I didn't even download the product nor install it or any demo-version.
Plus: when loading there the sim pauses and every 2-3 seconds, so it's impossible to fly there. To rule out ony problems with my sim I restarted the flight at Dillingham ( from Aerosoft) and had no problems there. The folder fsdreamteam in the FSX main folder only contains a folder called couatl and none of the scenery.cfgs in various places have any scenery entries for any of the fsdreamteam-sceneries.
I would definetely like to get some of your products but would still like to fly at some places for which you offer sceneries without having to install them.
I did not test yet at other airports so I don't know yet if it'll be the same there.

Thanks

Malte

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem with Addon-Manager and Trial Mode
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 06:59:00 pm »
Yesterday I wanted to fly in Hawaii and picked PHLI which I think would be covered with the Hawaiian Airports Volume 1 and once the flight started I got the announcement that Hawaiian Airports Volume 1 now runs in Trial-Mode. But I didn't even download the product nor install it or any demo-version.

This is probably due to an improvement we made, to obtain a faster startup time. In previous version, the Addon Manager checked if the scenery was really installed, in order not to print Trial messages when you only flew in the area, without having installed the scenery. But, if you had lots of scenery folders, it would slow down the FSX startup.

So, we removed this check in later sceneries, which makes for a faster FSX startup. The issue, of course, is that before the QW757, nobody had any reason to install the Addon Manager without having installed any one of our sceneries so, this wasn't really an issue.

In any case, the issue is just that you will see a Trial message for no reason, when you fly at PHLI, but I don't think you'd rather prefer having your FSX startup slowed down ONLY to let the Addon Manager check if you *really* have the scenery installed, in order not to display the message, because this is what will happen instead, if we put the check back in.

Plus: when loading there the sim pauses and every 2-3 seconds, so it's impossible to fly there.

Have you tried to actuall INSTALL PHLI Trial ? If your are flying in area were we have a scenery available, there's should't be any effect, because the Addon Manager is not doing anything if the scenery is not there. However, it would be useful to check with the Trial installed.