Author Topic: Selecting a certain navigation fix showing on the HSI  (Read 5847 times)

chupaflier

Selecting a certain navigation fix showing on the HSI
« on: January 24, 2008, 11:00:14 pm »
Hello:

I was wondering if I can select a navigation fix that shows up in the HSI a la radar? Let me explain.
While on RWS radar mode you can select one of the targets being tracked using the TUP and TDW buttons. Doing so will give you a bit more info about that particular target, i.e. altitude, differential speed, etc. Can the same be done in the HSI?
For example, looking at the image included, can I select NABOO so that it comes up as a GPS point. Clearly there is a way of doing so using the GPS panel doing a "direct-to" NABOO, but can it be done from within the F/A-18 cockpit without accessing the GPS?

chupaflier

Please forgive me
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 11:03:10 pm »
I forgot to include that image.

[attachment deleted by admin]

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Selecting a certain navigation fix showing on the HSI
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 04:23:59 am »
To have a waypoint active in the HSI, it has to be part of a flight plan. Once you have a flight plan active, you can select a waypoint and, by pressing the WPT and the DATA buttons on the HSI screen, you'll have additional information on that waypoint. The HSI will also indicate the waypoint direction with a triangle.

SUBS17

Re: Selecting a certain navigation fix showing on the HSI
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 05:20:33 am »
Hello:

I was wondering if I can select a navigation fix that shows up in the HSI a la radar? Let me explain.
While on RWS radar mode you can select one of the targets being tracked using the TUP and TDW buttons. Doing so will give you a bit more info about that particular target, i.e. altitude, differential speed, etc. Can the same be done in the HSI?
For example, looking at the image included, can I select NABOO so that it comes up as a GPS point. Clearly there is a way of doing so using the GPS panel doing a "direct-to" NABOO, but can it be done from within the F/A-18 cockpit without accessing the GPS?

I think you would need A/G radar to do that what you're describing is called a mark point which is what you can do with the F-16s UFC by locking up a ground object push markpoint on the UFC and it'll store as a waypoint as well as the grid coordinates. You can do this in F4AF but not in FSX, in OF you can even send the markpoint to your wingman in MP by using the datalink. 8) I bet the Hornet probably has these features IRL but I have yet to get my hands on the manual for it.