Author Topic: Seated passengers in new update (PMDG) not working  (Read 1008 times)

BazAir

Seated passengers in new update (PMDG) not working
« on: July 27, 2024, 12:00:29 pm »
I am loving this product. Never fly without it. I have had nil issues with passengers seated in the Fenix A320, after reading a post re VR increasing your object level of detail to 200 (all my flying is via VR), however since updating your installer today that now includes the PMDG 737 and 777 range, I am unable to see any pax seating. I can see them walking the jetway/ ground and boarding the aircraft but as they enter they disappear as per normal prior to the update. It is the same for both 737-700 and the 777. I have both aircrafts ticked in the config but am not seeing any difference after I installed the update. Any assistance would be really appreciated.

BazAir.

captain420

Re: Seated passengers in new update (PMDG) not working
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2024, 12:12:27 pm »
I have the missing passengers problem with the Fenix A320. Haven't tested on the 737/777 Yet. As soon as they turn to sit, they disappear.

StephanG2312

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2024, 07:10:05 pm »
Same here.

plguzman

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2024, 09:30:57 pm »
Maybe need to uncheck - check the passenger option after update?

BazAir

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2024, 01:07:36 am »
Thank you FSDT team. The update to 3.0.8 has fixed the issue in relations to not seeing the seated passengers. They are now there. However when boarding the crew I see the bus turn up but the crew after a bit start walking from beyond the airfield randomly towards the aircraft. They appear in the distance nowhere near the crew bus.

BazAir

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2024, 02:15:04 am »
just adding to this post as I'm continuing to identify issues. I notice that the 737.700 had all passengers seated which looked great but after takeoff they all disappear again. even the crew that normally stand in the galley looking pretty have disappeared. If I do a walk thru that doesn't help.

pete_auau

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2024, 02:44:44 am »
yep  updated to latest version  unticked reticked seated pax they walk to seats than disappear with pmdg-800 havnt tried  the other versions yet, tried  the -700   no issues pax seated ok all good  now with the -800
« Last Edit: July 28, 2024, 07:02:27 am by pete_auau »

moxiejeff

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2024, 09:03:22 am »
just adding to this post as I'm continuing to identify issues. I notice that the 737.700 had all passengers seated which looked great but after takeoff they all disappear again. even the crew that normally stand in the galley looking pretty have disappeared. If I do a walk thru that doesn't help.

Same exact same thing happened to me in 777; it was checked in settings, I ensured it. And I saw all the passengers walk into the airplane, but after takeoff/cruise, none is in their seats.

Darewell

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2024, 02:31:04 pm »

Same exact same thing happened to me in 777; it was checked in settings, I ensured it. And I saw all the passengers walk into the airplane, but after takeoff/cruise, none is in their seats.

Have you tried opening the cockpit door?

moxiejeff

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2024, 06:53:00 pm »
Ohhhhhhhhhh, you're right. Bless my heart, as we say here in Texas. If cockpit door is closed, passengers "disappear".

Sorry, totally forgot that.

WebMaximus

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2024, 09:12:18 pm »
When are the seated passengers meant to be visible/not visible in the PMDG 737 where we still don't have an animated cockpit door which can be opened/closed?

Not related to GSX but speaking about it, too bad we don't have that animated cockpit door in the 737 even when myself and others have been asking for it since the aircraft was first released. At the same time, we had an animated jump seat from start.

Interesting how we all prioritize different things...  ;)
Richard Åsberg

Darewell

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2024, 10:59:53 pm »
When are the seated passengers meant to be visible/not visible in the PMDG 737 where we still don't have an animated cockpit door which can be opened/closed?

Not related to GSX but speaking about it, too bad we don't have that animated cockpit door in the 737 even when myself and others have been asking for it since the aircraft was first released. At the same time, we had an animated jump seat from start.

Interesting how we all prioritize different things...  ;)

The “Chime/no smoking” switch is used to determine if they are visible.

Set it to On to hide the passengers and off to show them.