Author Topic: PMDG 737 Store version  (Read 633 times)

Sandman161

PMDG 737 Store version
« on: July 23, 2024, 12:37:26 pm »
Apparently a PMDG 737 bought via MSFS Marketplace isn't updated or missing the passengers option. Is this going to be fixed or updated soon do you think? Or is something else missing here I am not aware of?

happy flying
Martin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG 737 Store version
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2024, 01:16:25 am »
There's nothing to fix or update. To support Seated Passengers, we need to patch the exterior model .XML, and this file is not accessible on airplanes bought on the Marketplace, because it's encrypted.

The only possible way we could ever be able to do that on such airplanes, is if Microsoft would eventually add an "Attach API" (which exists in P3D), that allowed to programmatically attach any object to any part of the airplane, removing the need to modify the airplane files.

Sandman161

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2024, 01:53:06 pm »
Okay thanks for replying, quite dissapointing I must say. There are many who bought PMDG through the MP. So I have to buy the whole set directly from PMDG to enjoy seated passengers in GSX? Wow... expensive.

IMSSM

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2024, 08:39:23 pm »
Until August 11th there is 27% discount at PMDG Store, so 737-800 now it is now $51,09

Dom Mason

Re: PMDG 737 / passengers not seated
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2024, 08:51:24 pm »
Hi everybody
I have the same problem here : passengers are walking along the cabin but they are not seating.
My MSFS version was bought at the very beginning on microsoft store (not xbox), same with Pmdg
I tried with both 737 and 777 and passengers are not seating.
I am on windows 11, MSFS totaly updated, GSX updated.
All GSX is working but this feature.
In an other post, some people suggested to set off the "chime" in GSX settings but i do not know what he was meaning
Any inch on this  ?

Ah ! Ok i get it. i had to activate the aircraft in GSX installer config !
Read the manual. Always read the manual they say !

Thanks every body !
« Last Edit: August 11, 2024, 10:36:03 pm by Dom Mason »

goose66

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2024, 02:20:16 am »
There's nothing to fix or update. To support Seated Passengers, we need to patch the exterior model .XML, and this file is not accessible on airplanes bought on the Marketplace, because it's encrypted.

The only possible way we could ever be able to do that on such airplanes, is if Microsoft would eventually add an "Attach API" (which exists in P3D), that allowed to programmatically attach any object to any part of the airplane, removing the need to modify the airplane files.
Main reason I do not buy anything from the store.  On day one I purchased a scenery.  That was my first and only mistake.  When I saw the encryption thing I swore off the store and only go there to add world updates and stuff that MSFS does not download as part of an update.
Mark AAL3 VP-HR