Products Support > Zurich V2 for MSFS

Is it worth it?

(1/1)

LukeFF:
I've been considering buying this airport but the reviews on simMarket have me concerned, especially the complaints about the runways. This comment is from 10 days ago, on June 19:

"You really can't complain about the price tag but this isn't a top quality payware airport. There are major elevation issues for virtually all runways making autoland practically unusable. Terminal interior and textures are subpar for 2024 standards. It is indeed slightly better than Gaya's version so if you fly into it frequently it's sort of worth it."

So, is it worth it or should I just stick to the Asobo model?

virtuali:
Reviews on Simmarket are basically worthless, take this for example:

--- Quote ---I purchased it directly from their website, which resulted in loss of the file due to the fact that they don't keep them on their servers. You have to pay an extra fee to make the backup on a cloud service
--- End quote ---

This is COMPLETELY WRONG: everybody knows all our products for MSFS are installed through our Universal Installer, which not only is always freely available on our site, but it has no limitations whatsoever on the downloads. After paying thousands of $/year to manage our own server, is particularly irritating reading some uninformed user spreading such clearly false information.

Another example, completely wrong as well:

--- Quote --- I am removing one star because terrain/runways are flat like in P3D. It's quite sad given that MSFS is providing the possibility to make sloped runways.
--- End quote ---

I really don't know which scenery this user has seen, but surely our version of Zurich DOES have fully sloped runways and always had them.

Another example, wrong as well:

--- Quote ---All localiser antennas are flat. And the one most visible (in reality) on final approach RWY16 has been patched over with an unmatching grass texture to hide it!
--- End quote ---

All localizer antennas are 3D and there are no "unmatching" grass texture added to them.

--- Quote ---- No VDGS yet
--- End quote ---

Wrong as well, VGDS is supported, with GSX Pro, which like all our sceneries, is FREE to use here, because even those not having GSX Pro, can download it in a limited version for free, which will work only at our airports.

About the supposed "major elevation problems" supposedly making autoland impossible, they are just not there. There's a slight elevation issue before entering RWY 32, which requires a bit of extra power while taxiing, but it's not affecting the runway itself, and ironically, it's very difficult to fix precisely because the scenery is NOT flat, like one user claimed, and the gap between two major earth tiles pass exactly through the airport, making terraforming polygons imprecise (they are not compiled as we set them) and the only way to fix would have been making the whole scenery flat, which is not worth considering the issue is a very small area and doesn't affect landing for sure.

The only real "problem" of this scenery, is possible interference from the Microsoft/Gaya version, which MUST be disabled, and since lots of users forget about this, it's likely lots of those not existing problems might have been caused by these two sceneries in conflict.

Yes, some 3d things might still be missing, like the VOR structure or some vertical signs, we'll surely revisit the scenery in the future, but we never claimed this is a top of the line scenery, and it IS derived from the P3D version (it's called "Zurich V2" for a reason), but it's not a straight port, and lots of addition has been made, and its price reflects that, because if it WAS a super high-end made from scratch airport, we would have priced it double.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version