Author Topic: GSX menu hangs when asking for good engine start confirmation  (Read 515 times)

WoodyFL

GSX menu hangs when asking for good engine start confirmation
« on: February 27, 2024, 01:00:23 am »
After pushback and engines started the menu just spins while asking for confirmation of good engine start. I have to end up restarting the flight. Any ideas?

Anders Bermann

Best regards, Anders

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX menu hangs when asking for good engine start confirmation
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2024, 09:27:39 am »
If you selected a Straight Pushback, the problem has been fixed in 2.9.3.

Joe6789

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2024, 04:29:30 pm »
Admin and Devs are not interested. I wish i could get a refund!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2024, 04:35:55 pm »
Admin and Devs are not interested. I wish i could get a refund!

So, you are replying to the admin, who just said the problem has been FIXED, by saying the admin is "not interested"? Have you even tried if the update fixed the problem?

Joe6789

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2024, 04:48:49 pm »
I have tried the weeks before several times while you refuse it was a software problem by GSX Pro. You asked many questions. You got a lot of answers and now a month later you say the problem has been solved. I will test it soon. But the way you deal with problems paying customers have is absolutely not ok. To me i will never ever buy anything from fsdt! I am fed up by that kind of "service"!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 04:52:30 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2024, 05:02:57 pm »
I have tried the weeks before several times while you refuse it was a software problem by GSX Pro. You asked many questions. You got a lot of answers and now a month later you say the problem has been solved. I will test it soon. But the way you deal with problems paying customers have is absolutely not ok. To me i will never ever buy anything from fsdt! I am fed up by that kind of "service"!

Finally, you read what you quoted, so you realized how absurd it was by saying "admin are not interested", in reply an admin how JUST replied it was fixed! And this thread opened YESTERDAY so, a "normal" person reaction should have been exactly the OPPOSITE of yours: being impressed it was fixed JUST 1 day after it was first reported.

Your "a month old" reference seems you are confusing this with ANOTHER thread that it's a completely different problem, with a different error, related to DEICING and, guess what, the thread opened on January 4th, and the problem was, again, FIXED the 8th!

Your mistake is you entered in that thread with something you said yourself was NOT related to Deicing, and to my MULTIPLE requests of providing reproduction steps of a diagnostic log, as clearly explained in the Sticky thread aptly named "How to report an error", you always replied by never supplying what has been asked, with an annoying attitude to begin with:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,31099.msg198964.html#msg198964

See, I was trying to explain that your issue was different, yet you ignored it. If you did what the other users (related to the Deice) did, providing a log or at least a proper description of the problem, this DIFFERENT issue, which was strictly related to the Straight Pushback, would have been fixed way faster.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2024, 05:05:32 pm by virtuali »

kingnorris

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2024, 10:38:16 pm »

Ah!!!! I never made that connection! Yes, seems it didn't work during straight back push backs, now that I think about it. Thanks for being on top of this!

Joe6789

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2024, 06:44:53 pm »
When i posted that problem for the first time it was in the middle of January 2024 but it occours before too. So it took you nearly two months to fix it. Afaik i never said it has to do with deicing nor that it has to do with pushback. But usually you can confirm good engine start after pushback so you should have known this. And i wasnt the only one with that problem. You already got informations and reports but it took you nearly two months to fix this problem and it seems it has nothing to do with other sw. I still think FSDreamteam is overwhelmed with this sw and i really regret buying this sw.
And i wrote my own thread btw which is now gone. Strange! Did you delete it? Or did you moved it into another thread?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 10:47:46 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2024, 10:54:09 am »
When i posted that problem for the first time it was in the middle of January 2024 but it occurs before too. So it took you nearly two months to fix it.

No, it took 2 days, after a user made a proper log, which you haven't.

Afaik i never said it has to do with deicing

Precisely. You posted in a thread which was CLEARLY about Deicing, I told your problem might have been different instead, asking to post a log, and you haven't done that.

nor that it has to do with pushback.

If you read what is being posted, you would have known it was strictly related to STRAIGHT pushback. Of course it's related to pushback in general.

You already got informations and reports but it took you nearly two months to fix this problem and it seems it has nothing to do with other sw.

Again. I got the proper information about the DEICING problem, and (guess what) it WAS fixed 2 days later. You NEVER posted ANY log about your problem, even if I told you explicitly that you should have done that, because your problem was probably a different one, and you ignored all of them,

. I still think FSDreamteam is overwhelmed with this sw and i really regret buying this sw

You are obviously free to be wrong about expressing your "regret", but the only fact here is that as soon problems are PROPERLY REPORTED with a diagnostic log, they are fixed way faster than anybody else, and this is known to everybody. Clearly proven by the fact the deicing issue was immediately fixed because the OP DID post an error log, and this with the straight pushback was fixed immediately as soon another user (not here, on Discord), posted his log.

Note that, a log is not absolutely "required" to understand a problem. In your case, a proper DESCRIPTION of the issue would have been enough, for example:

"Each time I do a STRAIGHT pushback, the menu freezes, the other pushbacks types are working"

This is an example of a proper description that would have helped the same, even without a log. You provided NEITHER, only a generic description that the confirmation after start "didn't work", when it's clear it works with all pushback types *except* the Straight one that, being the less common one, is not the fist that we should imagine we should test, LACKING a precise report as the above example.

And i wrote my own thread btw which is now gone. Strange! Did you delete it? Or did you moved it into another thread?

Nobody deletes threads, unless they are offensive towards somebody. They are either moved in the proper section if they are posted in the wrong one, or they are merged into the proper one, if multiple threads are opened about the same thing.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 11:00:28 am by virtuali »