Author Topic: How to make the parking system VDGS for every airport  (Read 996 times)

Westtomfc

How to make the parking system VDGS for every airport
« on: December 26, 2023, 08:29:37 am »
Hi guys, I was wondering whether it was possible to make the parking system at every airport be the VDGS system by default so that I don't have to continually change it in the gsx settings, so that when I arrive the vdgs is in front of me at every airport instead of having to change the gsx parking system manually from human marshaller to vdgs?

I was wondering whether this was possible and how to do this?

thanks tom

thatflyerdownunder

Re: How to make the parking system VDGS for every airport
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 10:45:51 pm »
I would just download profiles from flightsim.to for the airports you need. Because if you just switch to VDGS as every gate you'll have the VDGS's placed in werid places on the ramp, the stop position will be wrong, pushback positions may be incorrect, ect. The VDGS is one very small part of GSX and you will have a bad experience and you'll be wasting your money if you just set all gates to VDGS without setting anything else up. I very very highly recomend going to flightsim.to to the GSX profiles section (almost all airports are on there in some capacity). If you really want to change to VDGS only, just go to the editor at the airports you want and you can select multiple gates on the left using the shift key.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to make the parking system VDGS for every airport
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2023, 12:09:30 am »
I was wondering whether this was possible and how to do this?

You can't do it for all airports at once, and it would be wrong if you could because:

- VGDS are diverse types, sometimes even in the same airports, some gates use one type, other gates another one, and others use Marshallers.

- VGDS not only are different, but they are also mounted in different ways, depending on which building they are located. Heavy gates usually have them placed higher as well, to be visible from the higher cabin of large airplanes that will typically use that stand.

So, if you care for realism and usability and don't want spend time customizing things, you should download a pre-made airport profile, which should hopefully have placed the proper VGDS in the right places.

If you don't care for realism, and you just want the VGDS no matter what, you can do as follows:

- Before flying to an airport for the first time, open the GSX Parking Customization page, and click on the left tree the "Airport" node. This will select ALL parking positions at once, meaning any change in the right page will apply to ALL parking spots in the airport.

- Select one of the "Ground" mounted VGDS from the list. Being mounted on ground, it means they won't require to be placed as precisely as they would have been, if they had been mounted on a building.

- Click Apply. Now the whole airport has VGDS.