Author Topic: GSX boarding time  (Read 396 times)

Driver170

GSX boarding time
« on: December 04, 2023, 09:48:18 pm »
Hi,

What time before STD should i start GSX boarding? I know its random but i always like boarding to finish +5 before STD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX boarding time
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2023, 02:51:12 pm »
It's not possible to anticipate exactly how much time boarding/deboarding will take because:

- each passenger has its own custom walking animation, so they won't all look identical

- each passenger has more than one walking cycle, and they are not the same, to further reduce "robotic" aspect.

- the selection of passengers that will be boarding and their order is also randomized.

- the boarding time will be affected by the jetway length, so it won't even be always the same, not just for different parking positions, but even different airplanes at the same parking position, or even the same airplane parked is different ways.

- the boarding time depends also if there are custom waypoints before the jetways.

- on aprons, the boarding time depends also on the number of passenger stairs, which is controlled by the number of exits in the airplane.

- on aprons with walk-in gates, the boarding time depends also on the length of the custom walk-in path.

- everything also depends on the Passenger Density slider.

So, with all these variables, is basically impossible to estimate beforehand how much time boarding will take, exactly. But can you do that in real life as well?