Author Topic: GSX could not find valid afcad data  (Read 1296 times)

Dcamp70

GSX could not find valid afcad data
« on: March 28, 2023, 04:40:33 pm »
In some airports such as GVBA gsx doesn't work. I am getting the following error: "GSX could not find valid afcad data at this position, services are not available". Is there any solution? Thank you

martialblaizot

No afacad data at this airport
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2023, 04:58:32 pm »
Hi,

I have read a lot about this issue but could not find any proper solution for it. I am at GMMX Marrakesh Menara (presoft addon) and I keep getting the message that says there is no afcad data for this airport. My SU12 api box is ticked in the config tab of the fsdt installer but the issue remains. Do we have any answer for this?

Many thanks

Martial

Rookie_One

Could not find valid AFCAD data at this potion - third party airport
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 04:28:37 am »
I want to create a profile for a CYVP Kuujjuaq, a airport added in the game by Jean-Pierre Fillion (the airport do not exist in the base game) and when I try to access the menu, I get the "Could not find valid AFCAD data at this position, services are not available".

I tried to check with the creator, but he does not use GSX, so for him it's a bit hard to know what is not working since he is not familiar with the software.

Anything about the requirements for a third-party airport to be recognized by the GSX Pro ?

Log attached

Link to creator website : https://www.jpfil.com/quebec-fs2020/aeroports.htm (in french, but airport is included in "AĆ©roport du nunavik")

Do note that this airport is very basic, as it's a small regional airport, albeit an important one since Kuujjuaq is the administrative center for the Quebec Nunavik region, most of the time it receive either ATR42s, Dash-8s, or Boeing 737s from Air Inuit or Canadian North, which means that there is no jetways available at this airport (passenger have to descend by stairs)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2023, 04:30:10 am by Rookie_One »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX could not find valid afcad data
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2023, 10:00:19 am »
Already discussed here, maybe that airport has the same problem:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27491.msg188077.html#msg188077

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2023, 10:04:12 am »
About CYVP, I'm not exactly sure if the problem is the same as the others, because this airport is different, and doesn't exists already in the default database, so I don't know if this might be the issue.

Wanted to check the airport, so I tried opening the .BGL file with the latest ADE for MSFS, and it crashes ADE.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 10:08:52 am by virtuali »

Rookie_One

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2023, 03:47:03 pm »
I'll transmit the message to the creator :)

Rookie_One

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2023, 02:00:42 pm »
@Virtuali finally it was the creator not linking taxiway and runway, he fixed it and now i'm able to create the profile correctly, thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2023, 12:57:20 pm »
@Virtuali finally it was the creator not linking taxiway and runway, he fixed it and now i'm able to create the profile correctly, thanks!

That seems to be reasonable: GSX needs to have runways connected to the taxiway layout, otherwise it wouldn't be able to send a Follow Me, either from the runway to the parking, or vice-versa.