Author Topic: Jetway does not react - but only on Arrival  (Read 3941 times)

Fragtality

Re: Jetway does not react - but only on Arrival
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2023, 04:55:05 pm »
Asobo's EDDF is removed and EDDF is disabled in the GSX World Jetway Configuration

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2023, 05:00:36 pm »
Asobo's EDDF is removed and EDDF is disabled in the GSX World Jetway Configuration

And you already tested the problem to be still happening, even after disabling both ?

Fragtality

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2023, 05:08:42 pm »
Yep, that was the Configuration in the Situation logged & described!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2023, 05:16:51 pm »
Yep, that was the Configuration in the Situation logged & described!

A log from GSX would be useful indeed, because it might suggest a possible issues (similar to Paris) of another similar scenery nearby in conflict.

Fragtality

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2023, 05:35:31 pm »
Attached in the very first post!

Fragtality

« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2023, 11:07:03 pm »
Removing the Volo-Stuff does not make any Difference. Jetway does not react when coming back to EDDF!

Maybe it helps in the Analysis: when the Jetway does not react, the Passenger will also do lengthy Air-Walk - see the attached Screenshot! (I've moved the Jetway with the ATC Menu after it did not react ;) )

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2023, 11:19:41 pm »
Removing the Volo-Stuff does not make any Difference. Jetway does not react when coming back to EDDF!

Of course it doesn't, exactly as I guessed, it's too far to have some effect on EDDF.

Maybe it helps in the Analysis: when the Jetway does not react, the Passenger will also do lengthy Air-Walk - see the attached Screenshot! (I've moved the Jetway with the ATC Menu after it did not react ;) )

No need to do that, I looked at your log, and your problem doesn't have anything to do the one at LFPO/LFPG, which causes everything working normally, just the Jetway activates only with the default ATC menu ( unless Voloport is disabled ), and I CAN reproduce this, because it IS caused by the Voloport scenery.

Your problem is completely different, and it shows you have the dreaded error #99, which basically means a Simconnet internal error when we request Jetway data. "Internal error", means it got confused by itself, there are other error codes if we are asking it wrongly.

As I've said in one of the previous post, we could reproduce the error #99 when a scenery had a "ghost" jetway, one with the wrong title that is not available, the Navdata panics and fails the whole call, so GSX reverts into a "slow" mode, asking for all jetways, one by one, so a single failed one won't result in the scenery being reported without jetways.

But your case it's different as well. It's not just one bad jetway that cause Simconnect to panic internally, every single call is failing.

So I tried downloading the VirtualFRA airport, together with the GSX custom profile, went there and, of course, everything works correctly, the scenery doesn't any issue with jetways.

But you said it only happens on arrival. Then I'm afraid the cause might not what you want to hear:

- During the flight, Simconnect got overloaded for any reason, most likely too many objects like AI airplanes, and by the time you landed, it started to act unpredictably.

- Clear proof of this not being related to GSX: you said it's not fixed by restarting Couatl. When something is not fixed by restarting Couatl, you can be sure it has nothing to do with GSX or Couatl, it's just the simulator that went nuts for some reason.

We have been getting multiple reports that, when the maximum number of objects in the sim reach the maximum allowed of 1000, all sort of issues starts to happen, airports disappear, fps might go down, and Simconnect starts to work erratically, and ONLY a restart of the sim can fix it.

Fragtality

« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2023, 11:34:38 pm »
Hmm!

So if we follow this SimConnect-Overload-Theory, it should be likely to encounter that in EDDM (when I do the Turn-Around in EDDF), right? Because the SimObject Limit is somewhere reached during the Return-Flight.
If that is really the Reason, then it seems that SU12 worsened this described erratic Behavior of SimConnect - I did not encounter that before with the same Setup.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2023, 12:05:16 am »
So if we follow this SimConnect-Overload-Theory, it should be likely to encounter that in EDDM (when I do the Turn-Around in EDDF), right? Because the SimObject Limit is somewhere reached during the Return-Flight.

That's an assumption, which won't be proved either way. Assuming a possible cause is AI traffic, different routes, schedules and time of the day, won't necessarily means the return flight, on a different airport, would always have the same problem.

If that is really the Reason, then it seems that SU12 worsened this described erratic Behavior of SimConnect - I did not encounter that before with the same Setup.

No, it hasn't, it's just the same behavior which was always there ( the Simconnect limit has been found months ago, precisely AFTER a couple a popular AI traffic products came out ), has affected a new part of Simconnect that wasn't there before, the Jetway API.

Fragtality

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2023, 12:17:40 am »
That's an assumption, which won't be proved either way. Assuming a possible cause is AI traffic, different routes, schedules and time of the day, won't necessarily means the return flight, on a different airport, would always have the same problem.

But it could be, right? That is why I said "likely". ;)
It is still worthwhile to test this Roundtrip imho - because it could also be that the Limit is reached much sooner on the first Flight into EDDF. That would at least give me Test-Scenario which consumes less Time to test other Factors!

No, it hasn't, it's just the same behavior which was always there ( the Simconnect limit has been found months ago, precisely AFTER a couple a popular AI traffic products came out ), has affected a new part of Simconnect that wasn't there before, the Jetway API.
Ah okay, yeah makes sense. So the erratic SimConnect Behavior is as worse as before, it is just that the new Jetway API gives more opportunity to "enjoy" that Asobo "Feature" ;D

Fragtality

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2023, 02:15:31 am »
Small Update: happens in EDDM too on Return! (EDDM>EDDF>EDDM)
Log got lost sadly, but presumably it was Error #99 again due to SimObject Limit reached.

Safe to say that this is another Asobo Bug imho. Or at least a new Symptom of an existing Bug (Error #99, SimObject-Limit). With the Symptom being that the Jetway-SimEvent is not routed correctly anymore through SimConnect.

Fragtality

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2023, 08:05:14 pm »
Tried to provoke the Effect by cranking up the SimObjects (AIG to 100% with all Ground-Services activated and Extra Ground-Clutter from GSX) - with no luck. Even when the SimObjects (Ground-Vehicles + Airplanes as shown by AIG-TC) reached 1000, the Jetway would react.

What is the best course of Action now to get it reported to Asobo?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2023, 08:37:53 am »
Why you don't try the opposite, and DISABLE every kind of AI ( and of course Ground clutter from GSX ), and see if it doesn't happen ?

Fragtality

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2023, 12:13:41 pm »
If that would help the Report to Asobo? Sure!

But it is not really an Option as permanent Solution ... if I would not mind to fly in an empty World, I wouldn't have bought GSX Pro on Day 1 (which was the last Nail in P3D's Coffin for me) ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2023, 02:02:48 pm »
If that would help the Report to Asobo? Sure!

Of course it will, it's much better to report a problem in both on/off situations: one that causes it, and one that doesn't.

But it is not really an Option as permanent Solution ...

Nowhere I said it's a permanent solution. However, if this confirms what I'm suspecting that is caused by the Simobject limit, until Asobo fixes it, you won't have other choices than lower the AI density.

Which doesn't mean "flying on empty airports", there are many steps between "empty" and "so full the sim is overloaded"