Author Topic: exe.xml backup fsdt  (Read 592 times)

target

exe.xml backup fsdt
« on: March 29, 2023, 03:19:37 am »
Good morning,
I wanted to know after installing GSX PRO, in exe.xml
I had to manually add
  <Launch.Addon>
     <Disabled>False</Disabled>
     <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
     <Name>FSUIPC7</Name>
     <Path>C:\FSUIPC7\FSUIPC7.exe</Path>
     <CommandLine>-auto</CommandLine>
     <NewConsole>False</NewConsole>
   </Launch.Addon>
these lines of code appear in "exe_backup_fsdt.xml" but disappeared in "exe.xml"
in the fsuipc7 installation log there is the line
C:\Users\Target\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\EXE.xml has been updated.
so I assume that the lines are added but deleted when installing GSX PRO. Or it's me doing something wrong, which I often do.
Sincerely

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: exe.xml backup fsdt
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2023, 09:37:45 am »
The GSX installer will check the EXE.XML *before* making any changes to it, using the standard XML validator that comes with Windows. If the file is found to be already corrupted, you will see a clear warning about this, explaining a new "clean" EXE.XML file will be created from scratch, which will contain only the lines required by GSX.

So, at a first glance, it seems you just haven't noticed (or haven't reported) this message, so GSX replaced your already corrupted XML with a new one, so you need to add the FSUIPC line again.

This explanation would only be valid in case FSUIPC was the ONLY other add-on in the EXE.XML, which is not clear from your message.

In any case, you should never post pieces of an XML file in the forum, because the forum will translate its content and, I need to be sure I'm looking at the actual file so, to be sure of what's really happening, I need to check:

- Your EXE.XML file WITH FSUIPC, before you install/relink GSX, ZIPPED and ATTACHED to a post.