Author Topic: Menu hide after select an option  (Read 2136 times)

ElTurkoCharro

Menu hide after select an option
« on: March 03, 2023, 08:43:07 pm »
Hi folks, I'm wondering if anyone else has the same problem I'm facing. After selecting a menu option on the GSX menu, the menu disappears. It's like the menu goes to behind the FS2020 windows, but pressing Alt-Tab makes no difference. To view the menu again, I need to click twice over the GSX option in the FS2020 toolbar (or press Shift+Ctrl+12 twice).

Is this kind of a bug?

Ideas?

Thanks!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Menu hide after select an option
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2023, 10:49:30 pm »
After selecting a menu option on the GSX menu, the menu disappears

That's exactly how the menu is supposed to work, and how it always worked in GSX for years: the idea is not having the menu covering precious space on your screen for any more time then strictly required.

To view the menu again, I need to click twice over the GSX option in the FS2020 toolbar (or press Shift+Ctrl+12 twice)

You don't have to click twice, that's only happens if you haven't paid attention to what the manual says about how to use the menu. At Pages 79-80, the manual explains in detail how the menu works and the reasons why it works like that, so there's no need to repeat the whole pages here, I'll just quote the most important part:

This is now your normal workflow should be:

• Open the GSX menu from the Toolbar icon when first starting Ground services.
• Don’t close it from the Toolbar while Ground services are performed, always use the Hotkey or the X icon to close the menu.
• Close the menu using the Toolbar icon when you are done with Ground services, usually before take-off.

In brief, the Toolbar Icon should always be left Active while Ground services are required.

This will prevent from having to double click on the Toolbar.

mxc1972

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 02:21:48 pm »
The disappearance of the menu is really annoying, you should provide the possibility in the settings to keep it or make it disappear

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2023, 11:22:00 am »
The disappearance of the menu is really annoying, you should provide the possibility in the settings to keep it or make it disappear

You are making it sound as if this was a problem or a bug.  It's clearly by design and it's clearly the best possible choice considering HOW GSX works:

You open the menu to make some choice and start some operation, which might take some time and during that time, you don't need the menu and it would be annoying it was staying on screen covering precious screen space and stealing keys from the sim as well.

JonathanPeel

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 12:02:50 pm »
Hi. I am new to GSX Pro.
I am having the same trouble.
The menu keeps disappearing, it is driving me crazy.

How can I fix this?

guswhite3

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2024, 06:43:33 pm »
The problem for me is not that the menu disappears after a selection but that on clicking to open the menu it just flashes on and off. I do not even have the choice to make a selection.
Augustine White

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2024, 05:09:47 pm »
The problem for me is not that the menu disappears after a selection but that on clicking to open the menu it just flashes on and off. I do not even have the choice to make a selection.

This might be caused by having manually copied the two gsx packages to the Community folder, which would prevent from getting any updates.

If your gsx packages in the Community folder are real folders, indicated by a lack of a small arrow on their icon, do as follows:

- Be sure the sim is not running.

- Remove both fsdreamteam-gsx packages from the Community folder

- Start the FSDT Installers, and choose the RELINK option, so it will recreate the Symbolic links, which how GSX is supposed to work.

NewCani

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2024, 08:34:15 pm »
I'm having the same problem, I would really like the menu to be visible all the time. Clicking the hot key all the time greatly reduces the pleasure of gameplay. Is there a button or can we change something in the configuration so the menu is always on? Or increase the auto hide time maybe by 30 minutes?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2024, 11:40:30 pm »
I'm having the same problem, I would really like the menu to be visible all the time.

Your "problem" (which is not a problem, is how GSX has been designed), doesn't have anything to do with the problem (real problem) discussed here, which is the menu closing *immediately*, caused by the issue I already explained of having manually copied the packages by mistake.

You are asking something completely different, like a "pinned" menu, and it's not how GSX is supposed to work.

The whole point is NOT having the menu covering the instruments and, most importantly, since it responds to numeric keys, not interfering with the operations in case those keys are used by something else (they are).

So, instead of an annoying menu you must always move to be sure it's not covering some instrument you might need to use, we have a smart menu that has different "timeout" times, longer for some operations and shorter for others, some with a default choice that makes sense so you can use it more "hands free" (like the operator selection) others with no default choice which just close without doing anything if you let the timeout expire.

This because, the whole concept of GSX is you call it to start some operation, and you won't need to use the menu again for maybe several minutes, so it wouldn't make any sense to keep it open to show...a menu, it's not like a navigation program that has a reason to stay open because it's showing ever changing info based on your position.