Author Topic: PMDG/SDK questions  (Read 1066 times)

airbadger

PMDG/SDK questions
« on: January 22, 2023, 01:58:23 am »
The switch from using keyboard inputs to PMDG's SDK for doors and things is great but I have a couple of questions.

When deboarding, I still see GSX clicking through the FMC. What is it doing if all the commands are using the SDK now?

GSX still won't close the L1 door at jetways when requesting departure and pushback. It retracts the jetway but I still have to manually close the L1 door.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PMDG/SDK questions
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 02:02:03 am »
What is it doing if all the commands are using the SDK now?

Not "all" the commands are using the SDK now. As the release notes say:

GSX Pro Change: PMDG automatic door handler now uses SDK events instead of FMC keypresses, for better reliability.

There are other cases where operating the FMC is still required, for example to send away the PMDG vehicles automatically, since they don't have any matching event in the SDK.

GSX still won't close the L1 door at jetways when requesting departure and pushback. It retracts the jetway but I still have to manually close the L1 door.

Works here, which variant are you referring to ?

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2023, 04:34:59 am »
Both 737-700 and the -800

To add: for some reason the L1 door closing/opening works fine with GSX stairs at remote stands.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 01:59:22 pm by airbadger »

airbadger

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 02:48:06 pm »
Maybe the issue is that GSX is waiting until the bypass pin is inserted to close the L1 door, which makes no sense from an IRL operations perspective. Shouldn't the door close before the jetway is disconnected? https://streamable.com/cplc5n

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 04:47:17 pm »
Maybe the issue is that GSX is waiting until the bypass pin is inserted to close the L1 door

No, it's not. It just happened there, because before starting pushback, there's another safety check for every door to be closed, to be sure you are not pushing with an open door, but the door should have closed already.

Shouldn't the door close before the jetway is disconnected?

Sure it should, we'll obviously check this again.

airbadger

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2023, 01:19:48 am »
This bug is still present

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2023, 11:00:41 am »
This bug is still present

I just tried it now, boarding on a gate with a jetway where the rear stairs has been disabled, with the PMDG 737-800, both doors are closed when the tow truck connects.

The only issue is the rear one should haven't been opened in this case (which is a different issue), but it surely get closed. Now, I might agree it would be best to close the door earlier rather than wait for the truck, which make sense, but I cannot replicate your issue of the doors not being closed.

airbadger

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2023, 11:28:35 pm »
2.30.0 did not solve the issue of the front exit not closing before the jetway is retracted. https://imgur.com/a/5z0Uy0h

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2023, 12:07:29 am »
2.30.0 did not solve the issue of the front exit not closing before the jetway is retracted. https://imgur.com/a/5z0Uy0h

Nowhere the release note ever said the door would have closed before the jetway moves.

They said they now close earlier, and they surely do, following your suggestion they shouldn't close after the tow truck connected, which as I've said it was a good suggestion, so that's exactly how it has been changed now.

Anticipating the jetway closure can be tricky, because the jetway can also be operated manually and some airplanes might move it on their own, and its docked status detection is not very reliable right now ( it will change after SU12 and our update to use it ), so the best solution at this time, is not anticipate closing the door, but in the context of the Departure service.