Author Topic: Fuel bug and jump then crash on initiating push  (Read 984 times)

stefanhoks

Fuel bug and jump then crash on initiating push
« on: December 29, 2022, 12:30:44 pm »
Hi,

I experience two bugs:
1. When asking for pushback, waiting for the bypass pin to be inserted, selecting a pushback direction and releasing the parking brake when asked to do so, GSX (or Couatl) crashes and the plane I'm using (Cessna Citation Longitude) bounces up in the air. Enabling the pushback_freeze = 0 option, either with the pushback raise option enabled or disabled, doesn't make any difference.

2. When asking for a refueling: the fueltruck arrives and askes for the amount of fuel. Every option I choose (a set amount, manual or simbrief) trigger no refueling. The fueltruck drives of and a message "refueling complete" appears. Nothing changed in the FOB. I tried disabling the "show fuel and weights menu automatically", which triggers a message to select the amount of fuel manually in the fuel window, then the truck does a very short refueling animation and sounds and then drives off. I'm wondering how I can make this work without having to manually set the amount of fuel, and using the Simbrief amount of fuel.

Log attached.

silvera

Re: Fuel bug and jump then crash on initiating push
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2022, 08:32:17 am »
I am having the same issue you mentioned first but with pmdg 737. After every pushback, the aircraft bounces when the bypass pin removed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2022, 09:47:54 am »
1. When asking for pushback, waiting for the bypass pin to be inserted, selecting a pushback direction and releasing the parking brake when asked to do so, GSX (or Couatl) crashes and the plane I'm using (Cessna Citation Longitude) bounces up in the air. Enabling the pushback_freeze = 0 option, either with the pushback raise option enabled or disabled, doesn't make any difference.

This is not a bug, it's the way pushback works, because it needs to freeze the airplane to prevent the default ground handling physic of the plane to fight against the completely custom pushback movement method.

The only thing strange is you don't see any difference pushback_freeze, because you should see a fairly significant difference: no "bump" at the end, but a very jerky pushback because of the aforementioned fighting.

The Citation Longitude is a bit of an exception compared to all the other airplanes, and we suspect it's a problem with its contact points, since with a few 3rd party airplanes that had the same problem, they were all solved by fixing the contact points in the airplane.cfg. We'll try to look at it and see if this is the case as well, because with this specific plane the bump is way higher than with any other airplane, sometimes resulting in a plane crash, but that's something that doesn't happen with any other airplane.

2. When asking for a refueling: the fueltruck arrives and askes for the amount of fuel. Every option I choose (a set amount, manual or simbrief) trigger no refueling.

This is also not a bug and has been discussed many times on the forum and of course on the manual too:

- When you use default refueling by GSX ( show Fuel/Cargo option ENABLED ), the quantity you ask for must be larger than the quantity you had on board when you called Refueling so, if you had 60% on board when you called the GSX Refueling, if you select 50% from the menu (or the planned quantity on Simbrief resulted to be less than 60% ), the Truck will go away, assuming the refueling has been already completed. Basically, the refueling doesn't do De-fueling.

- When you use disable refueling by GSX ( show Fuel/Cargo option DISABLED ), it's exactly the same, you need to set fuel quantity from the menu higher than the one you already had, otherwise it will go away immediately. AND, if you don't set "always refuel progressively" in the Settings, instead of going away *immediately*, the refueling will be very fast in this case.

- Even if you do it correctly, if the airplane refueling point under the wing is lower than 3.40 meters from ground, you won't get a crewed refueling vehicle, so there won't be any animation, just a fuel truck standing beside the wing. As explained in the Sticky thread about the short-term ROADMAP here, new vehicles for airplanes with a lower wing will come soon:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,27778.0.html

stefanhoks

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 05:46:48 pm »
Thank you for your reply.

I was also expecting to solve the pushback bump when disabling the pushback_freeze option. Thanks for taking a look into it.

About the refueling: Also when setting the FOB to 2% and asking for any quantity higher than that, the fueltruck leaves and no fuel is added. Am I missing something here?

Looking forward to the reworked fuel vehicles and animations. I'll likely choose a refueling point under the wing altough in reality it's not mounted there, just for the lovely animation to take place.

CS-TMT

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2024, 04:38:27 am »
I'm having the same issue with the Longitude, no matter what quantity of fuel I have, it always goes away right after I set the wanted fuel in the menu (or add the quantity from Simbrief). Actually it even "defuels" a bit, some 20-50kg.