Author Topic: Floating jetways  (Read 8012 times)

bwbriscoe

Floating jetways
« on: December 26, 2022, 12:40:55 pm »
I've arrived at a couple of flights recently (into DD KJFK and Aerosoft MYNN) and the jetways are floating above ground like this https://imgur.com/Vk6oPGb

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Ben

srcooke

Re: Floating jetways
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 12:55:46 pm »
If you search  ' floating ' Ben you'll see a number of posts relating to the issue where jetways are either floating or sunk. This became worse with the GSX Pro release and has yet to be resolved after 4 months.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 11:20:31 am »
Be sure you have the current update installed, because the method the jetway altitude is handled when they are created now, has been reverted in FSX/P3D to the way it always was before, the fix as been released in the Dec. 7th update.

If it still happens with the current update, please provide with precise reproduction steps, including the precise, exact, description of all sceneries used, especially the kind of jetway they use.

srcooke

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2022, 09:33:39 am »
Be sure you have the current update installed, because the method the jetway altitude is handled when they are created now, has been reverted in FSX/P3D to the way it always was before, the fix as been released in the Dec. 7th update.

If it still happens with the current update, please provide with precise reproduction steps, including the precise, exact, description of all sceneries used, especially the kind of jetway they use.

7th update confirmed and email sent on 9th December with AFCAD, GSX.ini and Coautl.log for Justim Hamburg where the issue persists yet worked perfectly prior to Pro.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2022, 02:37:44 pm »
7th update confirmed and email sent on 9th December with AFCAD, GSX.ini and Coautl.log for Justim Hamburg where the issue persists yet worked perfectly prior to Pro.

As I've said, I'm not able to replicate this anymore after the update, which sets the jetway altitude on ground exactly as it always did for years before the update. Please clarify if these jetways are:

- Standard jetways with CTRL+J

- SODE jetways created with a SODE XML file provided by the scenery

- GSX replaced jetways, after their SODE .XML file ( assuming there was one ) has been removed

srcooke

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2022, 09:34:34 am »
As I've said, I'm not able to replicate this anymore after the update, which sets the jetway altitude on ground exactly as it always did for years before the update. Please clarify if these jetways are:

- Standard jetways with CTRL+J

- SODE jetways created with a SODE XML file provided by the scenery

- GSX replaced jetways, after their SODE .XML file ( assuming there was one ) has been removed

In respect of the Hamburg scenery the latter option whereby GSX jetways have replaced the SODE version with the associated XML disabled.

The update released on 7th December did not restore the previously working function prior to Pro.
Regards
Stephen Cooke

yurirodin

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2022, 04:10:30 pm »
Just landed in YPDN by MFSG and GSX jetways were floating above the ground. Restarting couatl placed the jetways in the correct position. This has not been fixed with the latest update. This is a related bug to GSX jetways not showing up at all until couatl is restarted. Of course, this only happens with GSX jetways and not standard or SODE jetways, those are always fine.

Moath Sayel

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2022, 06:10:20 pm »
Just landed in YPDN by MFSG and GSX jetways were floating above the ground. Restarting couatl placed the jetways in the correct position. This has not been fixed with the latest update. This is a related bug to GSX jetways not showing up at all until couatl is restarted. Of course, this only happens with GSX jetways and not standard or SODE jetways, those are always fine.
Same here. not only YPDN always after long flights as well. even after 28th update

bwbriscoe

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2022, 08:34:33 pm »
Wow, I just feel, as a customer, I’ve been told I’m in the wrong.

Surely with ongoing issues and a large number of people reporting the same problem it is clearly a problem with GSX. Why can’t the company acknowledge that?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2022, 01:27:58 pm »

Surely with ongoing issues and a large number of people reporting the same problem it is clearly a problem with GSX. Why can’t the company acknowledge that?
Be a bit difficult to fix a problem that they can't reproduce, so if you have any more information, which Umberto has asked for, such as steps to reproduce the problem, the scenery used, and the type of jetways in said scenery, that would certainly help.
Captain Kevin

LukeK

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2022, 02:13:37 pm »
Whenever I've seen it, it's been pretty inconsistent and impossible to duplicate (same thing with missing jetways). I seem to get either 1 in 5 or so flights. I would imagine that makes it very difficult to track down and resolve.

Cheers

Luke

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2022, 02:39:12 pm »
I really don't know how's some people continue to argue I'm trying to tell they are "wrong". I DO BELIEVE THEY HAVE IT, it's just I cannot reproduce it anymore after the fix, while I could ( with LOTS of effort ), before.

What's sure, the latest update has restored the way any object in P3D is created when altitude is involved, exactly the way as it was before the release of GSX Pro.

And again, this doesn't obviously mean I don't "believe" users reports, I just fail to understand how they wouldn't see any difference after the fix, because the changes in the fix has been extensive.

Could be you changed the airport elevation in the GSX profile to fix the "before the fix" problem ?

srcooke

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2022, 05:04:18 pm »

Could be you changed the airport elevation in the GSX profile to fix the "before the fix" problem ?

Possibly as that was recommended.

Do you suggest removing the elevation entry or using the GSX alt adjust again?
Regards
Stephen Cooke

yurirodin

« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2022, 11:02:14 pm »

Be a bit difficult to fix a problem that they can't reproduce, so if you have any more information, which Umberto has asked for, such as steps to reproduce the problem, the scenery used, and the type of jetways in said scenery, that would certainly help.

For me it's very easy to reproduce the problem. I'll use YPDN as an example - we load up P3D and select any airport nearby, YJAB for instance, then press Y to put the user vehicle in slew mode and slew to YPDN. When you arrive, you'll see the GSX jetways are floating above the ground. If you then select "customize airport positions" from the drop down menu then click the airplane icon next to the "airport elevation" box then click "apply" or restart couatl the jetways will be displayed properly, until next time when you arrive at the airport and they are up in the air again. I recently purchased Sioux Falls KFSD by FSXCenery then created GSX jetways at the terminal. Now if I start a flight at any airport other than KFSD the jetways are floating upon arrival. This is the case with KJFK (FSDT) and KBUF (FlyTampa) and many others I'm sure. This is as clear as I can be in describing the problem.

skyymann

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2022, 12:15:32 am »
I have run into this as well after a long flight at EGLL and VIDP. The jetways are floating above the terminal, but when I rebuild the cache, all is good. Very strange. This is with P3dV4.

Scott