Author Topic: Glass & Corrugated Jetways Issue  (Read 1765 times)

Turok144

Glass & Corrugated Jetways Issue
« on: September 27, 2022, 05:31:47 pm »
Quote from: virtuali on September 23, 2022, 10:08:01 am

You are not supposed to get glass jetways anywhere, they are based on location. In the US, for example, you'll never see glass jetways, since they are not used there.

Check the gsx-world-of-jetways package has got the correct priority: with SU10 you can rearrange scenery areas with a new dialog under the "Experimental" settings. gsx-world-of-jetways should be placed below all default airport areas, but before any Community sceneries.

Hi Umberto,

I'm a little confused here.  I understand what you say that glass jetways will not appear in the US.  I was expecting to see them before and always wondered why they were still appearing as corrugated, so now this makes sense, but.........here's my source of confusion:

I had excluded third party airports from "world of jetways" a while back to see how they appeared with exclusion and without.  Today I excluded LJLJ airport (third party) and when I landed there, all of the developer's custom scenery was totally gone and replaced with rectangular boxes instead of the nicely detailed buildings.  Additionally, the glass jetways that the developer had included in the scenery was also gone and replaced by corrugated metal ones.

I have tried excluding and including LJLJ airport and nothing seems to work in restoring the 3rd party's original scenery.  It seems as if the custom scenery has been wiped off the face of the map. Ironically, the only custom there is now are the beautiful GSX glass jetways. I'm totally stumped as how to restore the original third party airport to its original condition?

The reason I tried the exclusion was because there was a conflict with the glass jetways.  I was seeing two sets of glass jetways, one set was the original third party glass jetway and the second set was the GSX glass jetway.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 05:37:34 pm by Turok144 »

Turok144

Re: Glass & Corrugated Jetways Issue
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2022, 06:37:01 pm »
I've attached two screenshots.  One with GSX enabled for 3rd party (showing GSX glass jetways) and one (excluding 3rd party jetways)

In both screenshots, this is not how the 3rd party should look like.  Here's a link for the dev's 3rd party LJLJ:

https://secure.simmarket.com/scenic-routes-ljlj-ljubljana-airport-msfs.phtml

« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 06:39:04 pm by Turok144 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2022, 10:12:04 am »
I've attached two screenshots.  One with GSX enabled for 3rd party (showing GSX glass jetways) and one (excluding 3rd party jetways)

The 2nd screenshot indicates GSX exclusion is working, because the default jetways have been restored. So, your problem is just that scenery is not showing for some reason, but I can't see how this could possibly be related to GSX, since the only thing that it does to airport, is add or not the relevant jetway exclusion file.

If that is disabled, nothing in GSX can affect that airport, you might try disabling even the Airport Services file for the same airport, but that would only affect default ground vehicles, not the scenery itself.

Turok144

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2022, 03:18:36 pm »

The 2nd screenshot indicates GSX exclusion is working, because the default jetways have been restored. So, your problem is just that scenery is not showing for some reason, but I can't see how this could possibly be related to GSX, since the only thing that it does to airport, is add or not the relevant jetway exclusion file.

If that is disabled, nothing in GSX can affect that airport, you might try disabling even the Airport Services file for the same airport, but that would only affect default ground vehicles, not the scenery itself.

Thanks Umberto.  I have a feeling this may have been a result of the recent SU10 update for MSFS 2020.  Yesterday evening, I looked in the content manager and LJLJ airport was not on the list.  It was there though and I could see it in C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam

I was still scratching my head as to why it was not being recognized in the 'Official' sub-directory.  Anyway I moved the LJLJ files to the 'Community' sub-directory C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community

Once the files were moved into the 'community' sub-directory I ran MSFS 2020 content manager again and now I could see that the airport was present on the list.  I flew there and everything was restored to the original 3rd party scenery.  I have about 30 other 3rd party airports and I haven't traveled to all of them yet after the latest sim update but I suspect there may be others that may not be showing up in the same manner.