Author Topic: Any news for MARKETPLACE compatibility?  (Read 965 times)

marou95thebest

Any news for MARKETPLACE compatibility?
« on: September 12, 2022, 04:18:15 pm »
Dear Umberto,

Have you received any news from ASOBO regarding the issue with the encrypted airports in the marketplace?
I have issues with them and I know that it is not your fault (I read the manual) but still it's very frustrating beacause I have beautiful sceneries but i am unable to fully use GSX (with the exception of Zurich).

I wish you all the best and thank you for your attention.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Any news for MARKETPLACE compatibility?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2022, 04:31:48 pm »
As of today, the situation is as follows:

- There's no firm release date for SU10, maybe there might be a release candidate before the final release, but we don't have any more information about this than everybody else. New Beta versions are released without any advanced warning, they just appear.

- In the current Beta, the new Navdata API is there, and is *almost* complete. We asked for Runway Starts to be added because they were initially missing, and they have been added in the current Beta, and we also asked for data about Jetways and Jetway Links, we haven't got any confirmation if these will make it in the final release or not.

- We have already working on integrating the new API in GSX but, of course, without data about Jetway and Jetway bridge it still not complete for be used in GSX but, before looking into alternative ways to read jetway data ( that because of *other* bugs in the SDK will be particularly inefficient and potentially buggy ), we want to know if Jetways and Jetway links would make it in the final version.

marou95thebest

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2022, 04:37:11 pm »
Ok thanks for the update.

Copper

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2022, 06:00:39 pm »
There's no firm release date for SU10, maybe there might be a release candidate before the final release, but we don't have any more information about this than everybody else.
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-september-8th-2022-development-update/541529
The full release of Sim Update 10 is on its way, slated for next week!
So it should be released this week (maybe tomorrow since usually Tuesday is patchday).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2022, 06:24:28 pm »
The full release of Sim Update 10 is on its way, slated for next week! So it should be released this week (maybe tomorrow since usually Tuesday is patchday).

That's exactly what I said: there's no *firm* release date ( next week is not an exact date ) and there might be a final candidate release to test but, if they release on Thursday ( that's usually the patch day ), there wouldn't be much time to test that candidate release.

Of course, from the SDK point of view, since nothing has been said as of today, we can probably assume data about jetways and jetway links won't likely make it in time for SU10.

I really hope nobody expected GSX to be updated for the new Navdata the day after SU10 comes out!

It's a major change to the software, that will surely make it way simpler, but it's still a major change nonetheless, and if jetway data is in fact missing in the final version, we'll have to add new code to add alterative way to overcome that limitation.

And of course, even if we could get jetway data, jetways would still be fully of bugs, the Navdata API won't help much about that, even if we know where they are in encrypted sceneries, it won't change much if they still do crazy things like docking in silly places or retract automatically.