Author Topic: gmmx perfect soft studio not work  (Read 1362 times)

pinolo1978

gmmx perfect soft studio not work
« on: September 06, 2022, 11:25:39 pm »
good evening, with the GMMX scenario of perfect soft studio, in any gate or parking lot you place, it always tells me that I am in an isolated place and the services are not available

vaidorge

Re: gmmx perfect soft studio not work
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 06:23:03 pm »
Hello

Same issue  :(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2022, 09:48:30 am »
You don't say if you bought the scenery on the Marketplace and if yes, if you enabled the SU10 Navdata option in the GSX Config panel, which is required to use encrypted airports, which are all the ones bought on the Marketplace.

If you haven't bought the scenery on the Marketplace, so encryption is not an issue, the other things to check are:

- Have you disabled the GSX Jetway replacement file for that airport ? This should always be done for 3rd party airports. It's done automatically when you install GSX or when you update it, or you can do it manually using the "Exclude 3rd party" button in the GSX Config panel but, in order for a scenery to be automatically recognized for exclusion, its package must conform to the MSFS naming standard ( developer-airport-ICAO-airportname ), if that's not the case, you need to add its ICAO manually, to prevent the GSX Jetway replacement files to conflict with the airport own parking spots.

- If you are not using the SU10 Navdata API option, perhaps GSX hasn't loaded the correct .BGL for the airport. This can be verified in the GSX scenery customization page.

- If you are using the SU10 Navdata API option and you sure you don't have any conflicts, or you are not using it and you verified GSX loaded the correct .BGL, then it's possible that parking is really isolated.

alexgoh73

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2022, 10:38:16 pm »
good evening, with the GMMX scenario of perfect soft studio, in any gate or parking lot you place, it always tells me that I am in an isolated place and the services are not available

Hi,

Same problem here.
I bought the product on simmarketr, i’m not using the Navdata Api and i checked the correct bgl.
I have exlcuded the Gsx jetways replacement.

Thxs

dawgfan58

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2023, 09:15:00 pm »
I'm also having the same issue. I bought it at simmarket.

sidfadc

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2023, 09:18:12 pm »
yep see my other thread with no replies

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,29280.0.html

Same here, bought from marketplace.  I do have the SU10 Nav API ticked, not tried it without yet.  But then again I don't want to go back to slow loading caching system, pre SU10 NAV option (if you get what I mean).  I have loads of airports which aren't from the marketplace and not had this issue anywhere else. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2023, 05:26:03 pm »
Your thread has been replied to, it hasn't been *further* replied to, because we still need to understand why this happens.

We found a couple of 3rd party airports that have an unusual structure, that is a parking NOT connected with the usual parking path connection as its last edge ( as it normally is, with 99.99% of the sceneries out there ), but instead has the last edge flagged as it was a regular taxiway.

I cannot figure out how is even possible to make a scenery like that, because the editor simply doesn't allow it: when you create a parking and connect it to a node of a taxiway, the path automatically created by the DevMode editor is not a taxiway, but a apron parking path ( which shows up in green in the editor ) so, my theory is either these sceneries have been made with a very old version of the DevMode editor and has never been updated ever since, or they haven't even made with DevMode editor, and might have been possibly converted in some way from FSX/P3D and/or made with external editors like ADE, that might not exactly conform to the way the native DevMode editor in the sim works.

It's difficult to understand how many sceneries are made like this, since we only got a few reports but, the problem is, supporting this very unusual structure would be very difficult, requiring lots of structural changes to GSX that might not be worth it, if it only affects few sceneries.