Author Topic: Gate confusion result in not jetway here  (Read 5602 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gate confusion result in not jetway here
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2022, 11:34:27 am »
Assuming without GSX pro , the C3 jetway is recognized and in GSX editor when see that C3/J is here , i think this is a GSX bug dear Umberto.

Do you mean the same jetway, with the same airplane, parked at *exactly* the same position, works from the default ATC menu, but not when called from GSX ?

Aumkem

« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2022, 02:55:35 pm »

Do you mean the same jetway, with the same airplane, parked at *exactly* the same position, works from the default ATC menu, but not when called from GSX ?

Exactly Umberto , that what i try to explain from the start.

That is what you can see on that screen , the firt i have posted here.
https://we.tl/t-9iCFtxQmDX

-You can see that i am parket at C3 , left window is the Asobo ground service  one , choice 6 of that window is in french : "demande detachement de la passerelle"
In english = jetway detachment request (because like i said , i have called the jetway and it is working great )

-Now you can see at the same time that the GSX windows don't see the jetway > No jetway here

That the heart of the issue

Then all the rest was explained on this post.

regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2022, 04:26:10 pm »
-Now you can see at the same time that the GSX windows don't see the jetway > No jetway here

What if you explicitly tell GSX you *do* have a jetway in the parking customization ?

Aumkem

« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2022, 04:50:17 pm »

What if you explicitly tell GSX you *do* have a jetway in the parking customization ?

Nothing more exept a curious issue , when  i call the push back with GSX at this gate , it connect the jetway .. ( if i set  in GSX editor  , have a jetway)

Recall :  even if when i lanch GSX editor , it select Gate C34  , i can force and choose C3/J to edit , i can edit vehicles and push back for this gate but i can't disable staircases or edit passenger paths as well as operate the jetway normally (like i can do with Default ATC).

Regards
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 05:14:37 pm by Aumkem »

Phil7789

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2022, 09:12:53 pm »
I think what Aumkem is saying is the same as I was describing.

Gate A and Gate B are very close together (doesn't matter which airport in theory).

You spawn at Gate A like normal inside MSFS via the selection at an airport.
MSFS knows that you are at Gate A.

When you open GSX Editor then Gate B is preselected, so GSX is thinking that you are on Gate B while actually you are on Gate A inside the sim.
You can manually select Gate A to edit in GSX but for the services GSX keeps thinking you're handled at Gate B.

Aumkem

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2022, 11:04:51 am »

After read again this com i have doubt of your understanding .

The issue is that when i am at gate C3/J , GSX think i  am at gate C34

I can force to go edit gate C3/J but  there is already "parking has a jetway"

I have just tried to  add to gate C34 " Has a jetway" but that does not make sense because C34 is the one that GSX read when i am at GATEC3 and GATE C34

The last Phil7789 message describing perfectly the issue as well.
Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2022, 12:15:36 pm »
Sorry, but I really need the scenery and your custom .INI to fully understand and test this.

Aumkem

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2022, 12:58:58 pm »
Sorry, but I really need the scenery and your custom .INI to fully understand and test this.

Hi Umberto,
No problems i am the creator so i send it to you by MP , i can't add it here cause it is EULA protected.
If you prefer give me an email to send it to you
You have it in your PM ; Please confirm to me when you have everthing you need  to test please.
Like we see on this post  it happends on many sceneries so it is only the first airport in GSX editing .

Regards
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 01:05:49 pm by Aumkem »

Phil7789

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2022, 01:03:47 pm »

I think we cannot or should send you payware sceneries for testing due to licensing?

Basically it is airport independent. It happens when two gates are very close together, also without any customization so GSX default config.

Would a video showing you the stand and what GSX sees in the editor help in addition to the scenery from Aumkem?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2022, 01:22:10 pm »
It might be easier if you make a small .INI test over a default airport, just with two affected parking, so I can check it more easily.

Aumkem

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2022, 01:49:57 pm »
It might be easier if you make a small .INI test over a default airport, just with two affected parking, so I can check it more easily.

I don't know for who is your answer but i am sorry , i can't do more .

You have my scenery and the .INI file, you can check that default ATC work at C3 but an issue is there with GSX .
I also have a lot of work and a baby to take care so i don't have the time to search where the issue is on a default airport from my side.
I think at this state this is your job dear Umberto.

Please confirm to me you have the files on PM or contact me at : pilot.exeperiencesim@gmail.com
I am Kem Berges, CEO and PESIM products creator and a long time GSX user.

Thank you
regards
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 01:59:08 pm by Aumkem »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2022, 02:42:23 pm »
I was replying to another user who referred to a payware airport the couldn't possibly send. I'll look at your files as soon as I can.

Aumkem

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2022, 07:02:36 pm »
I was replying to another user who referred to a payware airport the couldn't possibly send. I'll look at your files as soon as I can.

oh ok , thank you very much
best

Aumkem

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2022, 11:18:53 am »
Hello,

I am sure you're aware of the issue now but it is almost everywhere....

On LFBZ , the scenery i have sent to you , confusion is also on gate C6 /C67 and C 7/C78

Today i have started editing of our LFMT scenery and it is the same ... many gate confusions issue resulting in not jetway available....
Once again no issues with default ATC no problems...
Sometimes , no jetway is detected (like the described issue )  but when call the push back , it connects the jetway..

At LFMT on 3 jetways , no one works.... in that conditions GSX pro is 50% unusable .

I hope you will soon fix this issue or find the solution.
If you want i also can send you our LFMT scenery to check but the issue is everwhere.

Best regards
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 11:54:13 am by Aumkem »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2022, 03:44:43 pm »
On LFBZ , the scenery i have sent to you , confusion is also on gate C6 /C67 and C 7/C78

I finally had the time to take a look at it, and I understood what the issue is about: GSX has a minimum threshold distance to decide if you are inside a parking ( or not ) and which parking you are in.

This has always been 20 meters but, since in MSFS a lot of default parking are not very well placed, especially the heavy ones, ,it often resulted in GSX assuming you were still outside the parking, if you used the MSFS menu to go there, so we increased this threshold to 30 meters, which means it would be less likely to have GSX not knowing if you are in a parking, but it would increase the chance of confusing two nearby parking spots, if they were closer than that amount.

I changed the setting back to 20 meters, and now LFBZ works fine, it doesn't detect C34 anymore if you are on C3. Not only that, I've made the setting user-customizable, by adding this line to the [GSX] section of the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatladdons.ini file:

gatedistancethreshold = xx

Where xx is the threshold in meters to be used. When no parameter is present, it now defaults to 20 meters.

Lowering this parameter even further might even allow to use parking spots that are *extremely* close, like 14/15 in the GA area but, of course, the lower you set it, the more precise your positioning will have to be so, if you set it too low, GSX will likely never detect you are parked somewhere If you use the default MSFS menu to set the position. If you always use GSX "Repositions" and/or "Warp Me there", this won't be an issue.

The change is already out now, both from the FSDT Live Update and in the Offline installer
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 08:45:23 pm by virtuali »