Author Topic: GSX2 & P3Dv5: Customize Parking - Right mouse click slew **SOLVED**  (Read 3287 times)

speed330

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been posted before, I had a search through previous posts but did not find this exact issue.

Everything works ok for me in P3Dv5 except when I go to the parking editor and to 'Customize Parking'. Not sure if it is normal or not but I've noticed that a right click of the mouse starts moving the plane (using default F35) at a very fast rate.

I deleted all mouse slew commands in the p3d controls menu and turned off advanced mouse commands but that did not work. Even if I delete all slew commands for everything it still does not solve the issue. I am using a laptop at the moment with a wireless usb mouse but I have the same issue if I use the laptop mouse buttons with the external mouse disconnected.

Just wondering if anyone knows what might be causing this or is it normal behaviour when in the customize parking editor? I discovered this because I was trying to use the right mouse button to pan around. I seem to be able to use the HAT switch on my yoke to pan around during certain views only.

I did turn off windows firewall (not using any other anti virus at the moment) before running the FSDT Live update before I loaded P3D.

Many thanks
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 05:07:05 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX2 & P3Dv5: Customize Parking - Right mouse click slew
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2020, 04:35:51 pm »
The mouse is not the problem, an uncalibrated joystick probably is so, you should remove the joystick axes from Slew mode instead, and be sure you do it for all your joystick devices, even those you don't use.

And, in P3D V5, it would be best if you disable the Advanced mouse controls, which is a new option in the settings ( the mouse icon ), because it conflicts with GSX usage of the mouse wheel.

speed330

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2020, 06:03:29 pm »
Hi there,

Many thanks for your reply and assistance.

I followed your advice and I can confirm that there are no joystick devices assigned to any slew commands in P3D. I also tried things with controllers disabled and also with them all disconnected from the computer. I do not have any camera software installed. I did use EZDOK before but completely uninstalled it. I was having this issue before I installed that though. I am aware other people have had issues with similar errors associated with live update but I did follow the advice, turned off all firewalls before using it.

I decided to try a different airport, once again when in the parking editor only, the right click of the mouse made the aircraft within seconds travel thousands of miles and end up in the middle of the ocean at the equator with 0 coordinates for Lat and Long. I tried again and this time I got this error:

couatl v3.2 (build 4325)
panic log started on Thu Apr 30 16:55:47 2020

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 603, in customizeAirport
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 673, in startParkingEditor
  File ".\GSX\parkingEditor.py", line 1408, in activate
  File ".\GSX\parkingEditor.py", line 779, in __init__
  File ".\GSX\assistanceServices\jetwayOperations.py", line 357, in getSimObjectID
AttributeError: 'Jetway' object has no attribute 'SODEInjectedSimObjectID'
{'Airport': 'EDDL', 'Requested parking services to': 'Gate C 2', 'User Pos': (-0.0011053229610193003, 0.0004658599141591456, 18.7608 m, 19.7592 m, 157.52170705637482)}

It only happens if I click the right mouse in the parking editor. Since it still happens after disabling all joysticks and slew commands do you think there is another issue happening?

Everything else in GSX is working fine.

Many thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2020, 05:06:59 pm »
Found the problem, it seems a different behavior in P3D V5 compared to V4. V4 didn't send the right-click mouse event to add-ons, because it needs it for its own context menu, V5 does so, we must add a check in GSX to ignore it explicitely, because it would interfere with the camera.

Running the FSDT Live Update now to get the updated code that deals with this.

speed330

Hi,

Many thanks, I ran the live update as admin, no anti-virus on, then tested things again in P3Dv5.

I can now confirm I did not get any error message, when right clicking the mouse it no longer goes into a fast slew but it immediately positions me again in the middle of the ocean at 0 deg latitude and longitude coordinates. I am running the current hotfix version of P3Dv5, no other addons installed at the moment. I used Vienna default airport for this test.

As long as I avoid clicking that right mouse button its all ok.

speed330

Sorry I spoke too soon. After pressing Y to exit the editor this is the log:

couatl v3.2 (build 4325)
panic log started on Fri May  1 18:56:03 2020

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\editor.py", line 56, in <lambda>
  File ".\GSX\parkingEditor.py", line 1488, in onExit
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 690, in parkingEditorDidFinish
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 601, in customizeAirport
  File ".\GSX\parkingDialog.py", line 3237, in userCustomizeDialog
TypeError: cannot create weak reference to 'NoneType' object
{'Airport': 'LOWW', 'Requested parking services to': 'Gate G 1', 'User Pos': (0.0025674185453819997, 0.0017126895562569998, 2.77368 m, 2.77368 m, 23.019540786743157)}

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I'm sorry but, I cannot replicate your problem.

Before this fix, I was never able to replicate the airplane going to at 0,0 lat/lon, this never happened here. What I had was just the airplane slewing around for a few hundred meters, and of course the fix solved this problem, which was the only one I could replicate.

I still cannot replicate neither the airplane going at 0,0 lat/long, or the error in your last post. I can see the error happens *because* the airplane was near 0,0 lat/lon so they are basically the same issue. However, it's not normal ( and not happening here ) you would be moved there.

Is as if two add-ons ( GSX and something else ) competed to do the same thing, that is setting the plane position. Are you using a 3rd party airplane ? Some of them have custom flight models that override the sim own positioning, fight with GSX and it might cause this.

speed330

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. No problem at all, as long as I stay away from using the right mouse button when using the editor everything is ok :)

I had this issue when using default P3D aircraft with no add on aircraft installed.

Thanks again for your help.