Author Topic: Aircraft jumps forward when in edit mode  (Read 2595 times)

Blaster254

Aircraft jumps forward when in edit mode
« on: April 23, 2020, 07:57:21 pm »
Peeps, I’m sure I’m not the first to ask, and is likely a control setting in sleep mode, but when I enter edit mode on GSX, the first thing that happens every time is that the aircraft jumps forward. Can anyone point to what causes it. I’m sure it’s a simple control fix.

Thanks in advance

Ryan

DVA12924

Re: Aircraft jumps forward when in edit mode
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 08:34:49 pm »
This is because the program is adjusting the aircraft to the correct position of where GSX sees the aircraft should be and then you are able to edit. Ever noticed how AI traffic stops forward or back from the T line despite it being placed and drawn correctly in ADE? That's because aircraft are positioned at a start location on that spot in reference to the aircraft CG in the model. GSX adjusts that at places the aircraft in a more accurate position when starting the editor. If you then move the parking position and stop position, GSX will save those positions in the ini file causing the aircraft to move to that exact position when reopening the editor on that spot again. This is 100% normal.

Blaster254

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2020, 10:42:45 am »
Thank you buddy. I have finally figured it out. So happy right now. The main issue I was having was my slew settings! All good now. Thanks for the quick reply. I obviously knew it was me!😳

aviator25245

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 09:48:47 pm »
I'M REOPENING THIS TOPIC

I removed the y slew mode command because i could not get into the editor.   The second i start any editor my aircraft goes entirely forward off the map. I mean to another state.  then i get that i need in live update.  Do I need to reactivate slew command with another key and make sure its on to engage editor mode.  The editor is very sensitvie and if you do not hit the right command key your all over the place.  THIS IS A MAJOR ISSUE AND A PAIN TO DEAL WITH.  The editor is not user friendly and you need to know exactly what your doing to get the right configuration

aviator25245

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 10:19:02 pm »
theirs a possibility that the aircraft was repositioned way off and it saved that position/.  I do not know how to reset gsx.  I reinstalled KDEN flightbeam.  the problems still their. I need a reset of gate b36

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 11:11:40 am »
I removed the y slew mode command because i could not get into the editor.   The second i start any editor my aircraft goes entirely forward off the map. I mean to another state. 

This has been explained so many times already, even in this thread. It's NOT a GSX problem, it's a problem of ONE of your joystick that is NOT properly calibrated in the null zone. It might even be a joystick that is connected, but you don't use, so you never care to calibrate, yet the simulator has assigned slew axes to it anyway.

The correct solution is NOT removing the Slew mode but, either set the null zone correctly for ALL your joystick devices or, just remove all the joystick axes for all joystick in SLEW MODE ( not normal flight )