Author Topic: Parking position moves uncontrolably  (Read 2636 times)

Paul25

Parking position moves uncontrolably
« on: September 05, 2019, 01:08:21 am »
Hi

I have p3d4.5 and fly ifly737
A problem developed after i installed mfsg ypph.

When I  go into customise parking position. The position moves foward uncontrolably and does not respond to any keystrokes.

I have since unistalled ypph and gsx, gsx L2 and reinstalled gsx/gsxL2. I now have the same problem with every airport.

I have disabled all controllers  and deleted all axis in p3d.

Anyother problem I have is  when using the refeulling truck when fuelling is complete the prosess resets and waits the only way to cancel the fuel truck is reset the position

help would be appreciated.
Bear in mind I do not have a degree in computer science so can I  get instuctions for dummies please.

Cheers

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking position moves uncontrolably
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 11:02:05 am »
When I  go into customise parking position. The position moves foward uncontrolably and does not respond to any keystrokes.

This has been discussed so many times on the forum in the past and, of course, it's not a GSX problem, it's a problem caused by one of your joystick that hasn't been properly calibrated. To fix this, be sure you calibrate all your controls AND set a proper Null Zone for all of them, even those you are not using the most.

However, the better fix would be simply removing any joystick axes while in Slew Mode, using the Control Settings page at the Slew mode tab.

I have disabled all controllers  and deleted all axis in p3d.

You must be sure you do that for SLEW mode. No need to change any of the other flight modes.

Anyother problem I have is  when using the refeulling truck when fuelling is complete the prosess resets and waits the only way to cancel the fuel truck is reset the position

Is the airplane flagged has having a custom fuel system ? Does it *have* a custom fuel system ?

Paul25

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 12:45:41 pm »
I have removed all axis settings in p3d both in normal and in slew mode I only  use fsuipc for all joystick axis settings

Yes my fight model has a custem feul system

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 12:56:09 pm »
I have removed all axis settings in p3d both in normal and in slew mode I only  use fsuipc for all joystick axis settings

Then the only possible explanation for the GSX parking position moving uncontrollably, is that you haven't removed all the axes from all your joystick. It's not required to do it in normal mode and, in fact, if you do that, the joystick won't even be able to control your airplane.

You should do it for Slew mode only, but be sure you do it for all your connectect joysticks, even those you might normally use but are seen by the simulator anyway. For example, I have a 3d mouse which also appears as a joystick in the sim, and I sometimes forget myself to disabled it in Slew mode.

Yes my fight model has a custem feul system

Meaning it doesn't even use the standard variables for Fuel Tanks ?

Paul25

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 01:00:22 pm »
Sorry I misunderstood you with the fuelling system, I  just checked the settings and found that I  di d not tick the custom feul box

Paul25

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 01:10:10 pm »
As stated all the axis setting s have been deleted from the p3d control setting in both normal and skew modes i have also checked that there is no axis setting for my throttl e , rudder and the two button boxes along with the mouse that i use. I have also disabled the controls in p3d settings

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 02:33:30 pm »
Only an issue with joysticks still active during Slew can cause that. Is it possibly related to some FSUIPC setting ?

Also, keep in mind it's now possible (with P3D4.4 or higher) to move everything in the editor using the mouse so, when you enter the editor, pay attention not to click over the screen if you don't intend to.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2019, 02:35:20 pm by virtuali »

Paul25

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 05:35:47 am »
I have now fixed the problemby deleting the p3d cfg now another problem has happened when in costomization mode now gsx won't react to the keystrocks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 09:16:13 am »
I have now fixed the problemby deleting the p3d cfg now another problem has happened when in costomization mode now gsx won't react to the keystrocks

You must have some other add-on ( a camera utility maybe ? ) that has taken the same Slew keys GSX requires so, you should either change the key used by that other add-on to make them available again, or disable that add-on while editing a parking.