Developer's Backdoor > Chicago O'Hare V2

KORD V2 preview

<< < (4/7) > >>

finchkh:
Thanks for the update, this is looking very encouraging.

It was good to get the background info about all the time-consuming steps that go into this, an excellent rationale for why this seems to be taking so long. Anyone who's waited an hour or two for a five-minute video to render will understand.

I think this also introduced new techniques to master that will be applicable in updating existing products and introducing new ones; I think there was a lot more in play here than updating KORD, which is great.

Recently, I updated my P3DV4.5 navaid database (https://www.aero.sors.fr/index.html); ILSes suddenly lined up correctly with the runways at KORD. Using the native P3D installed database, there was always an offset to the 4s ILSes, for example.

Will P3D mesh properly with the updated navaids database, are you baking the current navaid data into your code, or are you using the LM P3D install database, now a few years out of date? Either option one or two, please... (grin)

Great work and looking forward to an imminent release if I'm reading this correctly.

virtuali:

--- Quote from: finchkh on May 14, 2019, 06:37:42 pm ---Will P3D mesh properly with the updated navaids database, are you baking the current navaid data into your code, or are you using the LM P3D install database, now a few years out of date? Either option one or two, please... (grin)
--- End quote ---

The scenery will of course fully updated, including all the required navaids and approaches.

villaloha:
Happy summer!! According to YouTube, you mentioned that it would be released in 2018. Now 2019 is half way to 2020... Any idea when it will be released??? (Biting my nails!!)

virtuali:

--- Quote from: villaloha on June 25, 2019, 06:25:39 pm ---Happy summer!! According to YouTube, you mentioned that it would be released in 2018. Now 2019 is half way to 2020... Any idea when it will be released??? (Biting my nails!!)
--- End quote ---

When it's ready. You want it before it is ?

Ok, that's the standard reply. The more accurate reply is:

It's almost done, but we'll release the GSX PBR Update first, together with the required software update to support the new store after the Esellerate closure, and we don't want to mix up this with the O'Hare release, since we are *sure* something might not work perfectly right at first, so we don't want to mess up the O'Hare release with the likely tune-up post release we'll have to do when moving on the new store. We are trying to make the transition as seamless as possible for users, and that requires care.

But I'm fairly sure O'Hare will release sometime in July.

Snuffleupagus:

--- Quote from: virtuali on June 25, 2019, 11:43:29 pm ---
--- Quote from: villaloha on June 25, 2019, 06:25:39 pm ---Happy summer!! According to YouTube, you mentioned that it would be released in 2018. Now 2019 is half way to 2020... Any idea when it will be released??? (Biting my nails!!)
--- End quote ---

When it's ready. You want it before it is ?

Ok, that's the standard reply. The more accurate reply is:

It's almost done, but we'll release the GSX PBR Update first, together with the required software update to support the new store after the Esellerate closure, and we don't want to mix up this with the O'Hare release, since we are *sure* something might not work perfectly right at first, so we don't want to mess up the O'Hare release with the likely tune-up post release we'll have to do when moving on the new store. We are trying to make the transition as seamless as possible for users, and that requires care.

But I'm fairly sure O'Hare will release sometime in July.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for an honest ("more accurate reply") answer! Looking forward to both GSX and O'Hare!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version