Author Topic: GSX+P3DV4+QW787 Refueling Issue  (Read 12313 times)

mseder

Re: GSX+P3DV4+QW787 Refueling Issue
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2022, 12:18:21 am »
Good to hear

I'll watch my routines.

Thanks

mseder

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2022, 08:22:46 pm »
Any conclusions and/or guidelines regarding the issue?
I'm still running with no APU until refueling is completed, so far it works.

Mats

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #47 on: February 07, 2022, 02:03:47 pm »
We are still need to check this. As it should be expected, nothing usually happens during weekends.

Supera380

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2022, 09:17:51 am »
Just to add as a QW787 driver,

I dont turn the APU on until approx 10 minutes before pushback. This is mainly due to the way FS2Crew which I have installed works,  but I think the main point is refuelling needs to complete first before APU is switched on.
With this flow in mind, I never have any issues with QW787 refuelling.

One more comment: Before I ever touch GSX, I do make sure that by using the QW 787 Dispatcher tool, a small volume of fuel is loaded in the aircraft - typically around 2-3 tons of fuel. Then when GSX prompts me to enter a custom fuel amount having selected the Fueling task from the GSX menu, it will always be a higher amount than the minimum currently in the fuel tanks. This ensures GSX fuels the aircraft correctly.

Regards,

mseder

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2022, 06:42:41 pm »
Supera380

Yes, I share your experiences with how to ensure low fuel in the 787. And haven't had an y problem so far as well.

The problem have though nothing to do with 787 it's how GSX is working, or rather, how it's NOT working
If you e.g. turn on the APU on a Aerosoft 320 and ask for refueling specifying an amount, the truck comes, does nothing, no fueling happens, and message refueling completed.
If you load the flight again and don't turn on the APU everything works.

We are still need to check this. As it should be expected, nothing usually happens during weekends.

They've had both plenty of weekends to rest, and plenty of workdays to look into this and also an FSDT-update but still radio-silence.
Looking forward to a solution

Mats

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2022, 10:12:30 pm »
They've had both plenty of weekends to rest, and plenty of workdays to look into this and also an FSDT-update but still radio-silence.Looking forward to a solution

Because we haven't done anything for GSX lately...

The issue will be dealt with in due time, when we'll decide.

mseder

« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2022, 12:33:33 am »
Not to worried about this bug are you?

Still can't use GSX refueling and have the APU on in the same time.

Any plans?

Mats

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2022, 11:45:51 am »
Not to worried about this bug are you?

And where, exactly, have you read we are "not worried" ? As I've said already, the problem will be looked at, but at this time we don't have any time left to do anything for GSX, other than releasing it for MSFS.

It's possible the problem might be already fixed in time for the MSFS release, because many things have changed, and something that is part of the GSX code, will affect both sims.

Still can't use GSX refueling and have the APU on in the same time.

Then just don't, and use the suggestions from the other user, who said how refueling works for him.

mseder

« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2022, 04:26:38 pm »
"It's possible the problem might be already fixed in time for the MSFS release, "
"Then just don't, and use the suggestions from the other user, who said how refueling works for him."

Ehh what? "Refueling works for him"! Does he have a special version where "the problem" do not exist. Come on Umberto!

But I must say if you prios are between this and GSX for MSFS, go for MSFS. I miss the GSX every time I run MSFS!

Mats

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2022, 01:55:58 pm »
Ehh what? "Refueling works for him"! Does he have a special version where "the problem" do not exist. Come on Umberto

I don't what do you mean here. He doesn't obviously have a "special version", he uses a different procedure that he said WORKS for him so, I said use that one as well.

But I must say if you prios are between this and GSX for MSFS, go for MSFS. I miss the GSX every time I run MSFS!

Of course we are.

We are working 100% of our available time on the MSFS version. However, lots of code is shared so, many improvements and code cleanup we did for MSFS will benefit the P3D version as well but, right now, we don't even have any time to check it in P3D, so we prefer not to release any updates to it, to be sure we don't add extra bugs instead.

Then, *after* the MSFS version will be out, we'll take some time to see if all those improvements are still working in P3D and, after we are sure they do, we'll release a big update for P3D too.

leoatKVRB

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2024, 03:27:43 pm »
Generally, I quote from GSX OM;
"If the airplane refuel point is lower than this value, a different vehicle will be called, one without a raising platform or a crew with a cable animation..". The GSX will select and send the different vehicles OR do we as the pilots have to do it manually?
Thanks,
-Kris