Author Topic: still unable to see Coualt or GSX **SOLVED**  (Read 2652 times)

wjmt

still unable to see Coualt or GSX **SOLVED**
« on: May 31, 2018, 01:17:29 am »
I have tried all the VC++ repairs.  I am wondering if this may be part of the problem.  I am looking at the file C:\program filesx86\addon Manager\coualt\coualt.exe on my C Drive.  it only has 3KB size.  When I double click this exe it says "file is corrupted and unreadable".
I did all my installs from your website with AV totally disabled.
What do you think?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 10:08:28 am by virtuali »

wjmt

Re: still unable to see Coualt or GSX
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 12:16:12 pm »
Umberto, I have a idea I want to run by you.  What if I uninstall the Trend MIcron AV program from my system, then reinstall the FSDT software and do the live update.  I can reinstall TrendMicron after seeing that coualt is working.  I can also consider buying a different AV program, one that Virtuali recommends.

wjmt

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 12:29:57 pm »
Note that AZWildk4t has the same AV program as me.  Trend Micron.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 09:36:04 pm »
I am looking at the file C:\program filesx86\addon Manager\coualt\coualt.exe on my C Drive.  it only has 3KB size.  When I double click this exe it says "file is corrupted and unreadable".

That's clearly something caused by the antivirus (assuming your hard drive is not faulty), since the Couatl.exe file surely must have been corrupted in your system. It's about 4MB long in size.

I don't think there's any need to purchase an antivirus: the default Windows Defender works just fine for me.

wjmt

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 11:15:59 pm »
thanks for the advice Umberto.  I will uninstall this Trend Micron AV and just use MS defender.
I will let you know what happens.

wjmt

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 01:33:16 am »
UMBERTO,  problem solved.  It WAS Trend Micron AV.  Removed from PC.  Using MS defender.  Teast FSX...ALL IS PERFECT.
I posted this answer ti TIVO and AZWildk4t.  Could solve their issue.