Author Topic: Got this message when installing the Addon Manager...  (Read 2099 times)

viperxbr

Got this message when installing the Addon Manager...
« on: February 25, 2017, 08:05:01 pm »
Just received this message(Attachment) which I've never seen before until now during the install/update of the Addon Manager.

What does it mean?

Then it asked to build a new one.  I took a backup and let it do what it wanted.  Obviously I copied the missing entries back into the new one.

Thx,
Todd
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 08:14:41 pm by viperxbr »
Thanks,
Todd.

Sim PC: Intel i7 7820x OC 4.8GHz, XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 Cooling, Rampage VI APEX MB, 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC 11GB, 2xSamsung EVO 970 1TB NVMe, Samsung 840 SSD 1TB, Corsair 1200AX PS.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Got this message when installing the Addon Manager...
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2017, 04:57:54 pm »
Just received this message(Attachment) which I've never seen before until now during the install/update of the Addon Manager.

What does it mean?

The solution to this problem, which is a XML file corruption caused by another defective 3rd party product (it was confirmed an OUTDATED version of Active Sky caused this problem, but there might be others around doing the same), is to open the XML file using a text editor that lets you change the file encoding, change to ANSI, and save it back.

An example of an editor that can do this, is the free Notepad++

Of course, any time you edit an XML file manually, you must also ensure your are saving it in the correct format, according to its header so, if it's like the default ( Windows-1252 ), you must save it in ANSI.