Author Topic: What I did to solve my GSX/FSDT Airports for FSX  (Read 1593 times)

Daniel.Burke01

What I did to solve my GSX/FSDT Airports for FSX
« on: February 08, 2017, 06:53:49 am »
Hey Guys,

I know everyone seems to be having issues.  I, luckily, was able to solve mine today after many days of researching others' issues.  It came to my attention that FSUIPC was the cause of other folks error messages with the dll files and subsequent crash of P3D/FSX upon opening.  I have FSX, but decided to give it a go anyways.  I deleted my current FSUIPC installation (Found in the Modules folder of your main FSX folders)  I had version 4.95.  Once I deleted all files in the modules folder, I ran the newest GSX full installation, as well as reinstalled my FSDT DFW/CYVR.  I crossed my fingers and ran FSX and BINGO...no errors.  It opened!  Now once I loaded up an airport and used GSX, I did receive an in game error message asking me to update to the latest add-on manager.  I came back here and updated my add-on manager and everything has been working like a dream.  Now after installing all the FSDT items, I went back and downloaded and installed the latest FSUIPC ver. 4.96 and everything seems to be up and running.  While this little fix might not work for you, It cannot hurt to give it a go.  I've been at a loss for how to get things working again, and I am so happy its all back to normal!  I just wanted to type my solution to save others countless hours of frustration and google/forum searching!  If you have questions please let me know, but my post is pretty self explanatory!

-Dan-