Author Topic: GSX bug  (Read 2098 times)

JLH

GSX bug
« on: November 06, 2016, 06:30:18 pm »
Hi!  Posted this elsewhere but thought perhaps I should have put it here under the support forum so will post again.  Just downloaded GSX and am trying it out before purchasing.  First concern is the potentially dangerous software warning I got after downloading GSX.  I have read about why that can happen but am wondering how many of you have had this same warning and just ignored it without any consequence.  Second problem is that when I go in and try to customize the positioning of the service vehicles, the airplane starts moving backwards and just keeps going.  I can't stop it, and it just moves backwards through other planes and buildings and runways, etc., until I hit the Y key and exit customization.  At that point, the screen refreshes with the plane sitting wherever it relocated to before I pressed Y to exit customization.  Don't want to buy this product if I can't get this corrected.  Haven't even tried any of the other functions yet, as I am already running into problems with this.  Any suggestions?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX bug
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2016, 09:58:09 pm »
First concern is the potentially dangerous software warning I got after downloading GSX.

That's not a GSX "bug". It's a bug of your antivirus software.

I have read about why that can happen but am wondering how many of you have had this same warning and just ignored it without any consequence.

Everybody ignored it, of course, otherwise they wouldn't be able to install it and use it in the first place. In fact, the only "bad consequence, would be NOT ignoring it, since this would prevent to use a program you might intend to use and buy.

Antivirus are NOT flawless, it's very well known they are likely to issue false positive reports sometimes, which is why, most of them have the ability to exclude programs and/or folders from scanning. If they were "flawless", there wouldn't be a need for such options in the first place.

Second problem is that when I go in and try to customize the positioning of the service vehicles, the airplane starts moving backwards and just keeps going.  I can't stop it, and it just moves backwards through other planes and buildings and runways, etc.,

This has been discussed so many times on the forum and no, it's NOT a GSX "bug" either. It's caused by the fact you haven't calibrated your joystick accurately enough, so as soon the plane goes into Slew mode, it will drift away. GSX cannot recalibrate your joystick for you, and it would be wrong if it tried to do that: you must do it, especially check the null zone settings, because they are probably off.

Or, you can prevent this issue, by going in the customize controls page, and remove all your joystick axes from all the Slew events.