Author Topic: GSX vehicles have parts missing  (Read 3400 times)

dennis hickman

GSX vehicles have parts missing
« on: January 14, 2016, 06:30:42 pm »
I do realise that this particular topic has been covered before and I am sorry to have to ask about it again

My problem is basically that having just installed the vehicle update to the latest version, some of the vehicles have parts missing. I have tried re-installing the full version of GSX (which includes all latest updates) but this didn't help.

Specifically I made the following observations:

"Error: when creating patched vehicles - airport, restoring from backup now".
One of the two baggage tow vehicles only showed the driver and the wheels.
The passenger coach only showing the driver and the coach windows/doors.
Refuelling truck only showing the driver and a rectangular shadow on the ground of the vehicle, nothing else.
The walking staff not shown, only his ground shadow visible.

I run FSX by the way.

Otherwise everything seems to be fine.

Hope you can help.

Regards,

Dennis Hickman

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX vehicles have parts missing
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 06:50:35 pm »
My problem is basically that having just installed the vehicle update to the latest version, some of the vehicles have parts missing. I have tried re-installing the full version of GSX (which includes all latest updates) but this didn't help.

Missing parts are a problem of video driver settings and/or sim settings.

Try this:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

If that doesn't work, be sure that:

- The is NOT running into "Compatibility" mode, like XP or Windows 7 compatibility under Windows 8 or 10. This will cause video driver bugs and also slower performances.

- No other addon that starts with the sim runs into "Compatibility" mode.

dennis hickman

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 11:52:33 pm »
I have updated the video driver to the latest version . I cannot see how to reset the video driver settings to default.

I checked GSX after updating the video driver and still have the same symptoms.

Checking the Properties it says "digital Signer: Microsoft Windows Hardware Compatibility Publisher" and there seems to be no way to change that.

My graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770.

Before updating GSX to the latest version t all worked ok.

Does the above give any clues?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 05:22:39 pm »
Before updating GSX to the latest version t all worked ok.

What do you mean with "updating GSX" ? Just Live Update ? If yes, if you missed one of the vehicle updates in the past, you are missing vehicles so, in order to be sure you have everything update, it's best if you also download and install the vehicle updates OR the latest full GSX installer.

However, your report was about missing PARTS of the vehicles. If you missed the vehicles, you wouldn't see the *whole* vehicle, not just parts of it. And this problem can ONLY be caused by a problem with video settings.

I cannot see how to reset the video driver settings to default.

In the video card control panel there's an option to restore setting to default. And, when you install a video driver, if you choose the option to do a "clean install", it will reset all video driver settings.

You can also try to reset the FSX settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG

So FSX will recreate a new one with default settings.

After you restore your preferences, be sure you enable the HIGHMEMFIX=1 tweak in the Addon Manager, press "Save to FSX" and restart the sim.