Author Topic: Missing Gates  (Read 4326 times)

hrhett

Missing Gates
« on: September 27, 2015, 08:59:05 am »
Has anyone encountered missing gates at LAX? I have GSX installed as well as other FSDT sceneries. A quick check by loading CYVR (for example) shows nothing missing. I've uninstalled, reinstalled and disabled all other scenery other than default.

Thanks,
Howard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Gates
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 10:57:40 am »
As explained many times already, when only *jetways* are missing, the problem is NEVER the scenery itself, but another scenery in conflict. Nothing except another scenery can remove jetways from an airport.

Two common causes of missing jetways are:

- Another AFCAD from another product. The most common cause of conflicts are AFCAD supplied with AI Traffic packages, that must be removed if you don't use a default airport. You can use the free FSX Airport Scanner utility to find them.

- If you installed Aerosoft AES, and there's a problem with it, it's possible it might have excluded the jetways.

Also, be sure you have KLAX on an the highest level on the Scenery Library, which is where the installer place it by default. If you moved it down, you increase the chance that something will conflict with it.

hrhett

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 06:23:59 am »
Thank you for the reply Umberto,

I'm at a loss then:

Scenery is elevated as top priority
Ran the airport scanner utility, KLAX came up clean
Did a windows search on the FSX folder for duplicate AFCAD's for KLAX, yielded no duplicates

The gates appear to visible but misplaced. I have GSX installed, no AES. Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Howard

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2015, 10:42:55 pm »
The gates appear to visible but misplaced. I have GSX installed, no AES. Any additional thoughts would be appreciated.

This further confirm the problem is caused by ANOTHER scenery in conflict. Whenever you have "misplaced" things, it's always a problem caused by another scenery.

It's just this scenery couldn't be detected by the FSX Airport Scanner, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exists.

The most common source of conflicting AFCADs are those that comes with AI Traffic packages like MyTraffic, Traffic X, etc. Look in their folder and remove any file with a name that looks to be associated with KLAX.