Author Topic: Threads, Opinions!  (Read 5964 times)

JamesChams

Threads, Opinions!
« on: November 07, 2008, 05:29:43 pm »
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1223.15

Ok, enough is enough...

The topic is locked now, as I've said before, NOTHING even remotely related to:

- religion

- politics

- race, etc...

Is allowed here, with no exceptions.

JamesChams is banned for 3 days for not having respected the rules. This is the last alert, before a permanent ban. If you want to discuss these topics, either use PM or email, or go somewere else.

I'm sorry, but this is a forum related to flight simulation, and it should stay that way.

Gents,

I want it to be known that I respect Mr. Umberto Colapicchioni "Virtuali" wishes and will fully comply with his requests as this is his site and he's the Boss.  I don't blame him for taking action to settle these matters and frequently that has meant that I sometimes must get banned for a few days. 

But, I take exception to the many individuals that tried to make an innocent statement into the production of a *flaming war* because of their own prejudices.  I will therefore ask everyone (in general) if you don't like anything I've posted please don't respond to the threads in which I have posted.  I have no intentions to get into unnecessary arguments and will simply report you as a trouble maker.  Those responsible have already been advised.   That includes me as well; I will NOT post into your topics other than if you are asking for help and, not even then, if you don't want it.

Furthermore, I think that there are other things that are more important than FS and people opinions in life.  I will not accept being muzzled by individuals because theirs differs.

I think this is fair ... Other than a couple of posts already made, I see no reason to post anything for a while.

Happy Simming!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 12:36:02 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

SK-1323

Re: Threads, Opinions!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2008, 06:14:31 pm »
Well said, James except for the "don't reply to my posts if you don't agree or don't like them" part

This is a public FS forum and people have their opinions, they also have just as much rights to their opinions and to post them as both you and i have. If you don't want a "flame war" you shouldn't post any personal opinions/statements that's not related to flightsim in the first place.

This is, of course my opinions and viewpoint.

Thibfly

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2008, 06:50:11 pm »
I'm sorry James, but this is not the first time that we see a closed topic directly concerned with your words...

Tell yourself that this is a FS Forum and nothing else, we're her to speak about pplanes, airports, Flightplans, AFCADS, dynamic, and all sorts of AES and Passengers... Some discussions have not their right place here, you see ??

This is, of course my opinions and viewpoint.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 03:35:56 pm »
And opening a new thread to resurrect a closed thread probably won't help your cause.   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

SirIsaac726

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 07:05:31 am »
Hi James,

I know you don't want me posting in your threads but I felt I had to make this statement.

I, in no way, had the intention of getting you banned or offend you in any way.  In the previous thread I just wanted to respectfully ask you to not mention what you had been mentioning as it does make me uncomfortable and it can offend people.

I appologize if it came off in a way that I was trying to fight.  I hope we can forget the past.

Please understand and if you would like to discuss further, I don't mind exchanging PMs or speaking on Skype (or another instant message type service).

Kindest regards and happy simming,

Alex

Dylan K. Duncan

• Especially KJFK by FSDT
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 05:13:40 pm »
i don't know why James writes many things that are really rude and offensive and he don't pay attention to Virtuali's rules.

then he get mad and blame other people because he get banned. i think he should act better and have respect for other people
Thank you and best regards,
Dylan

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 05:33:05 pm »
IMHO, this thread, in all irony, is the kind of thread that has an above-average risk of becoming a flaming thread.  We need to just drop the past (albeit learn from it) and move on with the future.  No need to keep bringing things up. 

I really don't see any need for this thread.  Everyone has the right to comment in a thread.  You can't tell, or even ask, someone not to comment in your thread. 

If you're afraid of someone's response or reaction to what you're saying, then I would suggest thinking twice about posting it. 

Sometimes, it's very helpful to just type out what you want to say, and then, right before you post it, just delete it.  Sometimes we just need to write it out to let off some steam, or whatever, but we don't necessarily need to post it. 

But, I take exception to the many individuals that tried to make an innocent statement into the production of a *flaming war* because of their own prejudices.

I agree, sometimes things are taken out of context.  We should all be able to moderate ourselves.  But James, you're guilty of inciting "flaming wars" yourself...such as when you go into someone else's discussion and start labeling them "YAPD".  Just look at it this way...if you had to open that and take it upon yourself to label it as such, then it was probably none of your business in the first place.  Just follow your own advice-->
I will therefore ask everyone (in general) if you don't like anything I've posted please don't respond to the threads in which I have posted.

Simply stay out of it.  Again, I'm not telling you to stay out of it, but simply warning that failing to do so is what helps to incite what you term as "flaming wars".  And I'm not speaking directly to James anymore, it's for everyone in general. 

In short, respect people's opinions, let them express their views, be sensitive to people's beliefs, but at the same time, try not to take things so personally, especially here on the internet. And finally, have faith that our moderator (Virtuali) is monitoring the thread so let him do his job...don't take it into your own hands to do so, which will further escalate a situation.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 05:38:16 pm by Aeroman »
Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"

Kiwiwanabe

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 07:16:57 pm »
And finally, have faith that our moderator (Virtuali) is monitoring the thread so let him do his job...don't take it into your own hands to do so, which will further escalate a situation.

Although I agree with much of what you say here Ryan I find it funny you're not following your own advice....personally, I believe in complete free speech with Virtuali being the one and only moderator...

Aeroman

• "Did we land or were we shot down?!?"
    • American Virtual Airlines
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2008, 01:24:54 am »
That's exactly what I said.  I said people should be able to express their opinions and views and that Virtuali should be the one and only moderator.  I was simply saying that you must be wary, though, of what you say and how you say it, because with the vast blend of views on here, it's not hard to start a "flame war".  If that's what you want, then fine, go ahead and say what you want to say.  But, don't be upset when it does happen and don't expect people to not post in your threads anymore because of it.  By suggesting that people be able to "moderate themselves", well, that should be a trait of everyone everywhere, imo...it's a part of having self-discipline...as long as they know when it's appropriate.

This topic, I realize though, can be debated forever, as debated even in our AvA forums.  Some people think they should be able to cuss and bash as they see fit and if the moderator doesn't like it, then delete it.  Others think that since it's a public forum-open to anyone and everyone-people should tip-toe around what they say taking extreme care not to offend anyone. 

I've always been in the middle of both views.  Although I think you should be able to say what you want to say, and also believe that if you're trying to be careful not to offend anyone, you're best off not ever saying a word again...that we should at least be mindful of what could be taken offensively and be able to decide for ourselves (self-moderation) if saying it is worth it.  If the answer is yes, then go for it.  If it's no..then maybe just type it out to get it off your chest and then delete it. 

Best regards,

Ryan Cummins
AAL148
Dallas/Fort Worth Int'l. Hub
American Virtual Airlines
"We know why you fly"