Author Topic: Can't open GSX anymore via CTRL + F12  (Read 5548 times)

cbruce

Can't open GSX anymore via CTRL + F12
« on: March 05, 2014, 01:24:15 am »
I have not used my sim since Christmas and up to then always used GSX without a problem, but when I re-started yesterday I was prompted to reinstall the addon manager which I did, but afterwards GSX would not open if I press CTRL + F12, no menu appears.  I re-installed the set up from the Products page, but still nothing happens if I press CTRL + F12 nor SHIFT + CTRL + F12

What should I do now?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't open GSX anymore via CTRL + F12
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 10:28:27 am »
Already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9986.msg78489.html#msg78489

You must have missed a major update in the past. Try to download and install the full GSX installer.

cbruce

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 12:19:59 pm »
" I re-installed the set up from the Products page"

Isn't this the full installer?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 12:43:57 pm »
Isn't this the full installer?

Yes, that's the full installer, but you said "I've reinstalled", that means you also re-downloaded it now, or you used a download you already had ? That's why I had to ask.

If you downloaded the full installer now and still doesn't work, then the cause might be something entirely different, so the question is:

- Do you have BOTH the "Couatl powered products" AND the "Addon Manager" menus under the FSX "Addons" menu ? Do you have both, only one (which one ?) , or none of them ?

cbruce

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 01:06:23 pm »
I think the cause may be as simple as the parking brake although odd as I have to set it to get ground power....may be because I do not set the brake via CTRL+. but using Offset Word Set, x0BC8, parameter 32767 (on) and 0 (off).   I will test further and let you know

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 01:12:39 pm »
I think the cause may be as simple as the parking brake although odd as I have to set it to get ground power....may be because I do not set the brake via CTRL+. but using Offset Word Set, x0BC8, parameter 32767 (on) and 0 (off).   I will test further and let you know

If you haven't set the parking brake, GSX will tell you. Unless you turned off all the GSX messages, using the slider in the GSX Settings menu.

cbruce

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2014, 10:26:08 pm »
Hi, unfortunately it is not the parking brake, it must be another program which I have recently installed, because I just ran a test with everything loaded and CTRL + F12 did not do anything.  When I closed everything and reloaded just FSX, CTRL + F12 worked fine.

The only new programs I have added are FSCaptain and IVAP (I was on vatsim's FSINN)......

ahh haaaa, I think I have found it!!  The IVAP configuration has CTRL + F12 assigned to squawk ident, I will unasssign that and report back

jodle

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 10:34:28 pm »
HI!
I have simmilar problem. Prepar3D v2.1.
Without IVAO IvAp (client virtual aviation) I have working good ctrl+F12 menu. When I run IvAp I have only addon manager in add-ons menu and ctl+F12 gone.
Any idea how solve it?
Cheers!

cbruce

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2014, 10:59:07 pm »
Open the IVAP configuration manager and under "hotkeys" de-select the CTRL + F12

jodle

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 11:04:55 pm »
THX!
You save my life in IVAO community ;-)
Cheers!

cbruce

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2014, 11:08:58 pm »
Great to hear!!!!  I am very happy too, missed GSX..what a good day!  :)