Author Topic: P3D ver 2.1 **SOLVED**  (Read 13710 times)

pride545

• Beta tester
P3D ver 2.1 **SOLVED**
« on: February 12, 2014, 10:50:31 am »
Nothing works with ver 2.1 of P3D. No airports and the installers says ver 2.0.9448 has to be installed. The new versoin of P3D is 2.1.9336. ???
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 07:12:16 pm by virtuali »
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D ver 2.1
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 11:51:31 am »
Nothing works with ver 2.1 of P3D

Of course nothing works, this was expected and it has always been like this: any new build of the sim requires updated Addon Manager and installers.

The issue is:

- LM doesn't alert us in advance when they are going to release the final version

AND

- They are in a different time zone than us so, invariably, when they release something, we are not able to check it out until the next morning

So, as with every P3D release up to day ( 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 2.0 ) we'll obviously update all installers to support the new version very shortly.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 01:05:33 pm by virtuali »

pride545

• Beta tester
Re: P3D ver 2.1
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 12:26:12 pm »
Ok, thanks
Moe Works

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3D ver 2.1 **SOLVED**
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2014, 07:13:37 pm »
All updated installers are up now. If you haven't uninstalled anything, it might be enough to download and install only the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. Otherwise, re-download the installer for the product you need to reinstall, and it will work under P3D 2.1

Slayer

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2014, 10:55:43 pm »
All updated installers are up now. If you haven't uninstalled anything, it might be enough to download and install only the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. Otherwise, re-download the installer for the product you need to reinstall, and it will work under P3D 2.1

Thank you for the prompt support.  :) It is very nice that you are on top of things so fast.

colang

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2014, 11:26:29 pm »
I went to read the forum to submit a support request for this problem , few hours after the "problem" arised and...
I found it's already solved.   :o

Ladies and Gentlemans, this is a dream support !!!    :D

Thanks and congratulations!!

OmniAtlas

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2014, 07:50:15 am »
Hi there can I keep my old installers for prepar3d 2.0 (if I need to do a reinstall for 2.1) and will it automatically download the new addon manager? Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 02:30:10 pm »
Hi there can I keep my old installers for prepar3d 2.0 (if I need to do a reinstall for 2.1) and will it automatically download the new addon manager? Thanks

No, because the previous installers will refuse to install into P3D 2.1 (even if they would have downloaded the updated Addon Manager .dll anyway, because that's the only version which is online now)

Brian S

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2014, 03:04:19 pm »

Umberto,

The PHNL P3D installer is not recognizing my P3DV2.1 installation.  All of the other installers have worked fine.  Can you please double check the installer on Honolulu?  It's not working. 

Thank you

Brian S.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2014, 03:11:01 pm »
The PHNL P3D installer is not recognizing my P3DV2.1 installation.  All of the other installers have worked fine.  Can you please double check the installer on Honolulu?  It's not working.

Try to refresh your browser page, clear the cache, restart the browser and try the download again.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 03:13:19 pm by virtuali »

Brian S

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 12:44:44 am »
The PHNL P3D installer is not recognizing my P3DV2.1 installation.  All of the other installers have worked fine.  Can you please double check the installer on Honolulu?  It's not working.

Try to refresh your browser page, clear the cache, restart the browser and try the download again.

Thank you Umberto.  That did the trick.  Weird how the others were fine, but whatever works.  Getting really good performance on all FSDT airports with the exception of KORD (legacy code issue I'm sure), and unfortunately, PHNL, in P3Dv2.1   Too much legacy code I guess.  PHNL still seems to have something that kills it's performance over time.  You can watch the frames degenerate from decent to horrible within 5-10 minutes hovering around the airport. 

Version 2.1 improved frames for me even more at large, heavy AI airport like KLAX and KJFK.  Just great work.  KLAX with full 100% custom AI (and the mean the airport is jam packed) is getting between 28-50 FPS with high settings.  Couldn't be more pleased.  It's amazing how updated code improves the performance so much combined with excellent modeling of the facilities. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 10:34:17 am »
PHNL still seems to have something that kills it's performance over time.  You can watch the frames degenerate from decent to horrible within 5-10 minutes hovering around the airport. 

We know what the problem is, and is related to missing support for a specific instruction to create runways that was valid in FSX but doesn't work in P3D. It affects PHNL and the other Hawaii airports too.

We hoped that LM would fix this, because it was reported and they confirmed it they would have a look at it, but unfortunately the fix didn't make it in 2.1, so we'll have to fix this on our side, so you can expect another upgrade for PHNL, Hawaii and LSGG too.

mamock

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 05:20:35 pm »
I have clean installed KJFK 2 into P3D V2.1 but when I try to install the update to KJFK 2.1 I get the message that I have to install KJFK first - which I've already done...

Help please or am I missing something...

Cheers,
Mike

Kai-Uwe

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 05:57:30 pm »
just installing Win7 fresh, P3Dv2.1 and KORD, GSX, Flightbeams and the latest addonmanager. But there's no entry in the menu "Addon" for GSX, Addonmanager... What can I do here?

thanks Kai

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2014, 06:14:29 pm »
just installing Win7 fresh, P3Dv2.1 and KORD, GSX, Flightbeams and the latest addonmanager. But there's no entry in the menu "Addon" for GSX, Addonmanager... What can I do here?

The problem doesn't normally happen, check this thread, maybe your problem is a P3D installation that hasn't completed correctly:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9908.msg78043.html#msg78043