Author Topic: Um.......  (Read 4236 times)

Lude2Envy

Um.......
« on: January 22, 2014, 07:41:50 pm »
What's up with the stairs? They work fine at other airports.

http://i974.photobucket.com/albums/ae222/Lude2Envy/2014-1-21_15-18-31-656.png
« Last Edit: January 22, 2014, 10:11:54 pm by virtuali »
Ian

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz
16 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4
ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
Samsung 950 Pro SSD x2, Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Um.......
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 10:18:06 pm »
Do you mean the same airplane on a different airport doesn't have the problem ?

Perhaps you always had that problem, but you haven't noticed it before. Your screenshot is not very clear, but it looks like that parking has a jetway.

In that case, you shouldn't see any stairs to begin with, but this is another problem, and it's because you are using an airport (btw, which airport ?) that has static jetways, so GSX can't detect them, and will assume the parking is in the open and will display stairs. You can fix this using the "Customize this parking position" option, and indicate which parking spot have jetways in your airport.

That's only a problem for 3rd party airports that doesn't have true FSX jetways. Default airports and fully compliant FSX airport that have proper FSX jetways (like all FSDT, and many from Flightbeam and UK2000) have jetways detected automatically by GSX, so you don't need to customize them.

Now, the 2nd part of the problem. If GSX is assuming an parking on the apron, you might simply have the doors not properly configured in that airplane, and you just haven't noticed it until now, because you always use parking with (properly detected) jetways. In this case, you should check your airplane configuration using the Airplane configuration editor in GSX, and be sure all doors are set correctly.

Lude2Envy

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 05:11:00 am »
I've never had that problem with the same airplane on any airport. In the screenshot, I'm at KATL by Imagine Sim. I formatted my computer recently and haven't restored AES to all of my airports yet since I recently purchased GSX and have been mostly flying to default and FSDT airports. Will AES activation at this airport fix the problem? I only want to use AES for the jetways at non-FSDT airports, but I still want to use GSX with them instead of AES. Also, why does GSX say some gates are too small to service the airplane? I'm parking at the same gates with the same plane that the actual airline is using right from FlightAware.com. Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 09:08:40 am by virtuali »
Ian

ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 10:02:20 am »
Will AES activation at this airport fix the problem?

Not really.

I only want to use AES for the jetways at non-FSDT airports, but I still want to use GSX with them instead of AES

That's possible, but you will still need to indicate to GSX all parking spots at an airport that don't have a real FSX jetway, to prevent stairs to be displayed. Maybe you did that in the past, but you don't have that customization file anymore now, so you haven't noticed your airplane configuration was wrong, at least for the one stair/door that looks wrong in  your screenshot until now, when GSX is displaying stairs, because it's again considering the parking spot to be in the open.

Also, why does GSX say some gates are too small to service the airplane? I'm parking at the same gates with the same plane that the actual airline is using right from FlightAware.com

That's a FAQ, which is answered in the manual and discussed many times on the forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7124.msg60139.html#msg60139

Lude2Envy

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 08:51:09 pm »

That's a FAQ, which is answered in the manual and discussed many times on the forum, for example here:

I figured it was an AFCAD issue.

I can't remember which airport exactly, but I think Ctrl-J didn't work for a few older FSDT airports. Do those airports have to use AES for jetway movement? 
Ian

ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 08:54:10 pm »
I can't remember which airport exactly, but I think Ctrl-J didn't work for a few older FSDT airports. Do those airports have to use AES for jetway movement? 

None of our airports ever required AES for jetways movement, we always used proper FSX jetways. There might be *some* spots at *some* airports where jetways are static, like a few parking spots at JFK for example.

If you are having a problem with a jetway, always clearly specify the airport, the gate and the airplane used.

Lude2Envy

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2014, 05:00:16 am »

None of our airports ever required AES for jetways movement, we always used proper FSX jetways. There might be *some* spots at *some* airports where jetways are static, like a few parking spots at JFK for example.

If you are having a problem with a jetway, always clearly specify the airport, the gate and the airplane used.

I think it was KFLL where the jetway didn't move, but I don't remember which gate it was.
Ian

ASUS Z170-Deluxe
Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2014, 11:00:58 am »
I think it was KFLL where the jetway didn't move, but I don't remember which gate it was.

Then report back when you can indicate the gate and the airplane used.