Author Topic: GSX - LEBL  (Read 8463 times)

Christian_LOWW

GSX - LEBL
« on: January 08, 2014, 06:15:35 pm »
Hello!

I bought GSX recently and I enjoy it very much! It works great! The only problem I had was that at LEBL (Barcelona - El Prat) on stand 224 the pushback was very strange. Can anybody confirm this and can I do something about it?

Thanks in advance!

Christian

XCLTM3

Re: GSX - LEBL
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2014, 10:50:16 pm »
Hi Christian,

before Umberto chimes in here, I thought I'd point out that in my experience sometimes glitches like the one you're describing actually has something to do with the underlying airport afcad rather than GSX.

eg: there are a couple of gates and one gate in particular at ORBX YMML (Melbourne, Australia) whereby the underlying afcad is so messed up that the GSX pushback spins
around like crazy for a moment.

If you can do it, open the airport afcad with an appropriate program and take a look, this may unlock this mystery.

Of course, if you provide the details of LEBL (ie default or 3rd party) someone else can verify this.

Rgds,

Steve
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

Christian_LOWW

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2014, 03:12:45 pm »
Oh I forgot. I use Aerosoft Mega Airport X Barcelona!

And here is the Screenshot of the AFCAD I took:

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l554/Christian_LOWW/GSX_zps59375eed.jpg

Gate 224 is marked red.

Is this pushback to complicated for GSX?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:17:32 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2014, 05:30:21 pm »
Is this pushback to complicated for GSX?

Difficult to say with just a screenshot, because that won't show things like overlapping nodes, unconnected links, etc.

And, it's difficult to say with your previous explanation. What do you mean with "the pushback was very strange" ? Can you describe the problem ? Is this parking programmed with a Left, Right, Both or None preference ? If it's programmed with Both, which direction you chose ?

Christian_LOWW

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2014, 05:40:13 pm »
The parking is programmed with both pushback directions. And I tried both. What happens is that when choosing the right pushback the aircraft first gets pushed into the direction of a left pushback in a very unrealisitc manner. It happens that the pushback truck is directly under the plane! Then the pushback truck slides around the aircraft to bring itself into the "normal" position and ends the pushback on the taxilane directly behind the gate.

What happens is that when I choose left pushback the pushback truck again moves in a very unrealistic manner, ends under the plane and finally finishes the pushback in the position where the right pushback should end.

So both directions are unusable. If needed I will take some Screenshots out of the sim.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 06:08:18 pm »
So both directions are unusable. If needed I will take some Screenshots out of the sim.

No need for screenshot, your description now was enough. You should check first if there are no errors in the AFCAD such as overlapping nodes, unconnected links, etc. You might try the "Fault Finder" tool in ADE.

Christian_LOWW

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2014, 08:06:24 pm »
Thanks for the fast reply!

I just checked with the Fault Finder if there are any errors. There are some! But not anywhere near Gate 224. Any other thinks I should/could try? :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 09:12:06 pm »
I just checked with the Fault Finder if there are any errors. There are some! But not anywhere near Gate 224.

I've checked the AFCAD ( 1.01 version, AFCAD named AFX_LEBL_Simwings_06.bgl date 1/Dec/2010 ), with AFX, and there a A LOT of errors! And, one is very close to Gate 224, see the attached screenshot. I think the same reason why AFX found so many errors, is that what might create issues with GSX, there are probably too many nodes too closely spaced together, which are not even needed, since FSX will never use them all in any case.

I'll check if there's a way for GSX to skip the problem, possibly with a customization file (we can specify manually the pushback node)

Also, if you have a newer version of the AFCAD, could you please send it to me by email ?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 09:17:14 pm by virtuali »

Christian_LOWW

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2014, 09:31:48 pm »
My AFCAD has the exact same name. But the date is 26/12/13. If you give me an email where to send it I will send it. Just to crosscheck.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 11:15:54 pm »
My AFCAD has the exact same name. But the date is 26/12/13. If you give me an email where to send it I will send it. Just to crosscheck.

Maybe you modified it, so that's the last modification date. In any case, the problem happens here too, but it can be fixed with a customization file, take the attached .PYE file and put it into the following folder:

FSX\fsdreamteam\couatl\GSX\airports

restart Couatl (or just start FSX), and it will use a custom pushback at Gate 224. Let me know if you find other problematic gates.

I've also attached a vehicles customization file, to be put into the scenery folder (together with the other BGLs). It's not necessary to fix this pushback issue, but it corrects many vehicles startup positions, and will correctly flag all gates with a jetway and/or a docking system.

Christian_LOWW

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2014, 06:26:25 pm »
Pushback option number one to taxyway JS works great. But when I pushback onto DS (option 2) this happens.

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l554/Christian_LOWW/GSX1_zps4b522799.jpg

Thanks you for your help!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:55:17 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2014, 06:56:15 pm »
Doesn't happen here, but I've only checked with the default 737. Which airplane is that one ?

Christian_LOWW

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2014, 06:57:31 pm »
Airbus X Extended (A321)

I can try with other ones if needed!

Christian_LOWW

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2014, 05:30:56 pm »
Any news on this one? :)