Author Topic: Cannot Install new Addon Manager  (Read 2336 times)

J3Solo

Cannot Install new Addon Manager
« on: December 28, 2013, 02:03:24 pm »
I downloaded the file and began installing. All goes well until the process stops with the message shown in the attachment. Why the "No Internet Connection"? I am on the internet during the entire process. Have been trying to install since yesterday. No anti-virus running, install as Administrator.
Calling for Pushback in FSX and I am told to get a new Addon Manager then GSX does nothing.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Casey97/media/AddonMgr.jpg

UPDATE: Here is error log for this morning.
couatl v2.0 (build 2356)
panic log started on Sat Dec 28 08:22:04 2013

problem raised by addon <unknown>Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\youcontrol.py", line 135, in show
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 121, in perform
  File "couatl\GSX\__init__.py", line 590, in prepareGate
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 838, in setGate
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baseAssistanceVehicle.py", line 71, in setGate
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\baggageLoader.py", line 35, in getSimObjectModel
AttributeError: 'AircraftData' object has no attribute 'exits'

Any help appreciated
Neal Howard

« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 09:02:49 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cannot Install new Addon Manager
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 09:07:14 pm »
I downloaded the file and began installing. All goes well until the process stops with the message shown in the attachment. Why the "No Internet Connection"? I am on the internet during the entire process. Have been trying to install since yesterday. No anti-virus running, install as Administrator.

The problem might be caused either by a firewall/antivirus that is blocking online access to the installer, or by one of the two installation servers being down. Since they are selected at random at start, you might just try it again, and eventually you'll hit the server that is up.

However, since you said you just downloaded the installer, the online files are not really needed, they are the same as the one included in the installer. Which means, when prompted to press "Next to use local files", just press Next, and the installation will be the same.

AttributeError: 'AircraftData' object has no attribute 'exits'

This seems to indicate you are trying to use GSX with an unsupported airplane, that wasn't made for FSX, so it's missing the [Exits] section in the correct FSX format.

Try to use a default airplane first, to be sure everything's working. Then, if you want to use an unsupported airplane, you must create a GSX config for it, using the integrated airplane configuration utility.

J3Solo

Re: Cannot Install new Addon Manager
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 10:54:04 pm »
Thanks for your response. I finally realized what the error message meant. I was using an unsupported plane  :-[.
I did go ahead and do the install as you suggested.GSX now seems to be doing everything just as it should.
Regards
Neal Howard