Author Topic: No Follow me vehicle  (Read 2778 times)

por930

No Follow me vehicle
« on: December 25, 2013, 02:25:55 pm »
Hi,
Landed at KSFO, pulled off the runway due to many a/c taxying, then requested a follow me vehicle to take me to my parking bay. Replied saying yep..we are on the way etc..However, after 10 minutes waiting nothing arrived. I wondered if this was because I had left the runway and simply 'standing' near one other stands, out of the way of traffic while waiting. While I was standing,and after 10 minutes, I cancelled the follow me vehicle and re-called it so it had some idea where I was located. I could see vehicles drive past me.

Is there a rule you have to "wait somewhere" for the follow me vehicle to find you? eg, remain on the runway/taxiway?

Regards
Geoff
Geoff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Follow me vehicle
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 09:05:13 pm »
Is there a rule you have to "wait somewhere" for the follow me vehicle to find you? eg, remain on the runway/taxiway?

It's best if you wait on the runway for the vehicle to arrive, then start following it.

por930

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 11:35:32 pm »
Hi Umberto,
Thanks for the quick reply. I logged out of FSX and re logged in then did some testing of the follow me vehicle.

1. If you simply turn off the runway into the first taxiway, then call up vehicle. It arrived fairly quickly
2. I moved from the taxiway into a "space" between the taxiway and parking,(like my initial problem) and the follow me vehicle arrived. It took longer for it to work out how to get to me, but it did arrive.  For some reason, my first log into FSX did not work. Great piece of programming.

I did notice though when the marshaller was waving his hands to come closer etc, I was in fact well over the stop line each time before he signaled stop.. He then complained I was over the stop line....For my testing I was using the default A321

Regards

Geoff
Geoff

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 11:07:39 am »
I did notice though when the marshaller was waving his hands to come closer etc, I was in fact well over the stop line each time before he signaled stop..

Then you will probably shold go a bit slower. Note that, if your fps is low, you might miss some frames of the marshaller animation, which will make more difficult to follow him.