Author Topic: SSD Drive Update has lost all FSDT scenery  (Read 3108 times)

pluff

SSD Drive Update has lost all FSDT scenery
« on: December 24, 2013, 10:17:02 pm »
I cloned my old HDD drive to a new SSD drive and also moved the FSX partition to the new SSD drive. All my FSDT airports have now disappeared and the Addon manager has disappeared from the FSX menu bar. I tried reinstalling addon manager but this does not work. I get messages about hardware changes and corrupt bglmanx.dll files. I have now realised from reading the forums that I should have deactivated all the airports first before making the SSD change. However how do I now recover my sceneries?. In a related question I regularly back up my programs to an external hard drive. What happens if I lose my main drive and then have to recover the backed up software to a new drive? Presumably the same problem as I now have. I would be grateful for some help, Kind Regards, Peter Luff.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SSD Drive Update has lost all FSDT scenery
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2013, 10:25:29 pm »
There's no need to Deactivate before changing hardware. You do it in order to not waste 1 activation, but it's not that if you don't Deactivate, the software won't run. Unless, of course, you have already used all your activations but, again, it's not that the software will not run, you will see a clear message about having used all your activations, and the sceneries will work normally, but in Trial mode.

I tried reinstalling addon manager but this does not work. I get messages about hardware changes and corrupt bglmanx.dll files

Have you just reinstalled it from an installer you already had, or you *downloaded* now, and installed it ? If not sure, download it now, to be sure you have the latest version.

And, if you see any errors, clearly and precisely indicate the exact text of the error.

pluff

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2013, 11:06:12 pm »
Thanks for prompt reply. I downloaded a new copy of addon manager and ran the install. It seemed to install it to the new FSX partition on the SSD drive. However when I run FSX there is no Addon Manager or Coarti menu items in the addon menu bar. I also tried to reinstall a trial version newly downloaded of one of my airports but still same messages in FSX start up about
'problem with 3rd party software program" and lists the file as bglmanx dynamic link library version 2.9.0.14, file bglmanx.dll, and no appearance of the airport in FSX, thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2013, 11:13:33 pm »
still same messages in FSX start up about 'problem with 3rd party software program" and lists the file as bglmanx dynamic link library version 2.9.0.14, file bglmanx.dll, and no appearance of the airport in FSX, thanks.

- Disable the antivirus during the DOWNLOAD and INSTALLATION

- BEFORE turning it back on, configure it to exclude the following files from scanning

\YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
\YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- THEN you can finally turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX

ALSO:

- Be sure you don't run FSX into Compatibility mode

pluff

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 12:34:54 am »
Many thanks, this did the trick. Now have Addon Mager in FSX and just had to reactivate all the airports. Thanks again, Peter Luff.