Author Topic: Error when accessing Patched vehicles_airport, restoring from Backup  (Read 3081 times)

RAY VLASEK

Error when accessing Patched vehicles_airport,  restoring from Backup,    getting this message when I get message to update my add on manager,  what does this mean, 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Error when accessing Patched vehicles_airport, restoring from Backup
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2013, 10:14:06 pm »
It's not really a problem. It either shows that your default vehicles_airport.bgl file is not original anymore, so the installer won't patch it, or it just mean it's missing, because it was removed after you initially installed GSX.

Since the GSX installer obviously made a backup before trying to patch it, that message is simply saying that is restoring from the backup.

If your file is not default, there's nothing else you can do, the file will not be patched (if you used 3rd party ground vehicles replacement sets)

If, instead, the file was missing, now that GSX has restored it from the backup, you might try running the GSX installer again to let the installer another chance to patch it.

The only reason to patch that file, is to remove the default pushback truck, so you won't see both at a parking. It's not usually a problem, since starting positions are usually different in GSX, it's just a cosmetic issue.

RAY VLASEK

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 12:32:37 pm »
I did check the bgl file airport_vehicles, it is original FSX it is there and not modified,   I did try running the GSX installer got same error message,  maybe I should run as administrator and try it that way......thanks for speedy response...

bones1977

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2013, 04:31:58 am »
I'm having the same issue. I downloaded the full installer, and ran it as an administrator, yet I still got the error message. The default pushback vehicles are still showing. Any other ideas? As you said, this isn't really a big deal, and is just cosmetic, but this wasn't a problem until recently, and I'd rather not have the default vehicle there.

Just FYI, I have recently downloaded and installed the paint kit, the vehicle update, and now the full installer. I also recently installed a scenery for KPHX by Flight Beam. I left the scenery installed, but have disabled it in FSX since I have not yet decided whether to purchase the full version, and I don't like the buildings disappearing from the trial version.

I don't know if any of these things would cause this, but just thought it might be information you should know.

Also, one other question not directly related to this topic. I saw that you made a change to the vehicle update today. I downloaded the full installer today at 18:58Z. Would this have been before or after the changes to the covered staircases? In other words, do I need to update again?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2013, 09:29:51 pm »
I'm having the same issue. I downloaded the full installer, and ran it as an administrator, yet I still got the error message.

It's possible your default vehicles file is not identical to the one from FSX. Another possible reason, could be FSX wasn't entirely closed when you ran the installer, so the file couldn't be patched because FSX locked it.

Just FYI, I have recently downloaded and installed the paint kit, the vehicle update, and now the full installer. I also recently installed a scenery for KPHX by Flight Beam. I left the scenery installed, but have disabled it in FSX since I have not yet decided whether to purchase the full version, and I don't like the buildings disappearing from the trial version.

If you have the scenery disabled in the Scenery Library, you shouldn't see any buildings to begin with.

I don't know if any of these things would cause this, but just thought it might be information you should know.

Obviously not, I've said what's the one and only purpose of the default vehicles patching, and is to remove the default tow truck, there are no other reasons or interactions between this and the rest of the software.

Of course, you can obtain the same effect, by turning down the Airport Ground Traffic density slider...

Also, one other question not directly related to this topic. I saw that you made a change to the vehicle update today. I downloaded the full installer today at 18:58Z. Would this have been before or after the changes to the covered staircases? In other words, do I need to update again?

Nothing has been updated *today*, the latest installers were uploaded yesterday, to add weather-sensitivity to the two covered stairs vehicles, so now they will have a cover only if it's raining/snowing.