Author Topic: Stairs Problem  (Read 3829 times)

etops

Stairs Problem
« on: December 01, 2013, 12:44:56 pm »
Hello, I'm having some problem with the stairs. Look at the picture attached.. Yes, all doors configs are ok.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Stairs Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 12:51:34 pm »
You are not using the latest vehicles updates.

etops

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 02:08:06 pm »
Well, 2 mouths ago I upgraded my PC, so I installed everything from scratch. How can I not have the latest version if I re-download my installer? 

Dominato83

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 03:40:15 pm »
The last update came out less than two months ago.  To update, go to the Add-Ons tab in FSX, click on couatl powered products, the choose check live update.

bones1977

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 09:40:08 am »
I have the latest update (I believe it came out yesterday, if I recall), and I am getting the same issue sometimes. I am using the PMDG 737 NGX in FSX, and everything worked fine until the last standalone manager update. Now, the stairs work fine about 60% of the time, but the other 40% of the time, they are doing what is pictured in the first post of this thread. If I reset the position, sometimes the problem goes away, but sometimes it does it again. It seems to be caused by the type of stair truck that is being loaded. If it loads the type in the picture, the problem occurs, but when a smaller (lower) type stair truck is loaded, everything lines up perfectly. It's not really a big deal, but it is annoying when it happens. I take a lot of photos for my VA, and obviously, the photos don't quite look too good with a stair truck through the fuselage.

Any fix for this, or maybe something that needs to be looked into?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 10:52:04 am »
I have the latest update (I believe it came out yesterday, if I recall), and I am getting the same issue sometimes. I am using the PMDG 737 NGX in FSX, and everything worked fine until the last standalone manager update.

Why you post twice about the same issue ?

You have already been answered in the other thread: you don't have the latest VEHICLES updates. I believe this is the source of your misunderstanding: the "latest update" you are referring to, is the update just for the GSX *code*, which is installed automatically by the Live Update feature. Vehicles are not updated automatically, you must download and install their installers OR the GSX Full installer, which always contains everything.

bones1977

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 04:58:33 am »
I was just wondering why my reply was deleted? I thought my wording was very well worded, and not vulgar or insulting in any way. I just want it on record, that I think it was in poor taste to delete my reply. This reply will probably be deleted as well, but I guess that is your call.

Though I may have voiced a concern, I also praised your product, as I have done multiple times. I have your logo in my signature for my VA forum (which I'm very active in), I have recommended GSX to multiple people (who have then purchased it). I will still recommend your wonderful product to people, but feel insulted that you chose to delete my well-written message. I could see it if I was ranting and raving, or being crude, but I don't feel I was in the wrong at all.

One more thing...I found the thread that caused my original confusion about the vehicle update, and it was actually a post that you personally made (note that I make these points not to be mean, but to let you see how confusing some of this stuff is to your customers. As you go through this forum, there are so many links to so many updates that it's really confusing to know exactly what to download to keep current):

FSDT is pleased to announce the release of GSX 1.8, which add a new type of vehicle, the Universal Lower Deck and Main Deck Loader, FMC Commander 30i.

This loader can reach doors up to an height of 5.558 mt (220"), and will be automatically selected if the cargo door on the airplane is higher than 3.40 mt. We included support for the following airplanes, which are now configured to use the Main Cargo door on the left side of the airplane:

PMDG 777F
PMDG MD-11F
PMDG 747-400F
Qualitywings 752F

We also modified the default configuration for the CS-727F (both 100 and 200 version), to load cargo from the Main Deck door, although it will use the standard FMC Commander 15i.

If you created or downloaded a customization file for any of those planes, is suggested you use the "Reset" button in the GSX Airplane configuration utility, so the new default configuration from GSX will be used.

The loader can be used with any other airplane with an available GSX configuration, and will be selected automatically if the door's height is 3.40 meters or more.

IMPORTANT:

To install this version, you must do ONE of the following:

1) Apply the current Live Update after being notified of it, or use the "Check Live Update" function under the "Couatl powered products" menu.
2) Download and install one of the GSX Vehicles Updates, on the GSX product page, here's the direct links:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/gsx-vehicles3  (new vehicles released after Jun 2013)
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/gsx-vehicles2  (new vehicles released after May 2012)
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/gsx-vehicles (new vehicles released after Feb 2012)

You only need one of the 3 vehicle installers, depending how old your full GSX installation is.

OR

1) Download and install the GSX Full installer. This has been updated to 1.8 now, so it contains everything in a single download.

The update is free to all GSX customers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2013, 09:23:52 pm »
I was just wondering why my reply was deleted?

I don't know what post you are referring to but, since in my last message I've asked you not to post twice, I guess I simply removed the duplicate post.

One more thing...I found the thread that caused my original confusion about the vehicle update, and it was actually a post that you personally made (note that I make these points not to be mean, but to let you see how confusing some of this stuff is to your customers

I can't find anything "confusing" in that post. It can't be clearer, I really can't believe how it sound confusing, I can't see how it could be written any simpler than that.

The post said you could EITHER download ONE of the 3 available GSX installers, choosing the one depending on the date of your GSX full installation OR you could simply download again the GSX Full installer.

The "easy" version might be, do one of the following:

1) If it's too complex for you to check the date of your GSX Full installer, download the Vehicles Update 1, which contains all vehicles released after the first original GSX release

OR

2) If you don't even want to *think* about it, always download the latest GSX Full installer, and you don't ever have to worry about updates.

The ONLY difference between the 3 different options in 1) is that if you are able to check your GSX date, you might be able to get away with a 3MB download instead of a 38MB one, and the ONLY difference between choosing one of the installers in 1) or going directly to 2), is that you always download a 70MB installer when you could have downloaded a smaller one instead.

As you go through this forum, there are so many links to so many updates that it's really confusing to know exactly what to download to keep current):

There aren't many links: there's just a GSX full installer and 3 Vehicles updates, and it has been like this. Even if you see many links on the site, they ALL point the same 3+1 links.

Again, if you don't want to "think", always download the GSX Full installer...