Author Topic: GSX Reinstall Issues  (Read 3559 times)

delta6325

GSX Reinstall Issues
« on: November 25, 2013, 12:22:14 am »
Good Afternoon,

I recently had to re-install my who operating system on my computer and ever since i haven't been able to re-install the program. I have downloaded the installer again from the FSDT website and it still wont install to FSX. Is this a common problem? It also says that the GSX installer is malicious software. I have tried running the installer as an administrator and that worked but still didn't install to FSX. I never got that when i bought the program. It doesn't show up in the Add-ons tab at all. It shows that its installed on my control panel as well. Hope someone can help

Thanks

StevenK

Re: GSX Reinstall Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 01:00:43 am »
Try turning off your antivirus before downloading
keep it off until GSX has finished installing
Steven Kiberton
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit | AMD Bulldozer FX 6100 3.3Ghz | Coolermaster Hyper TX3 | ASUS Motherboard M5A 78L-M | 16GB DDR3 RAM | EVGA Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1gb PCI Express DDR3 DVI HDMI | 750w Corsair AX750 | 1TB HDD + 120GB SSD | x2 - 20" WideScreen Monitors

delta6325

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 03:03:10 am »
I have tried that... Is there any other way?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 04:24:16 pm »
As explained in many other threads, when the antivirus is defective and is mistakenly detected our software as a threat (not all antivirus programs have this bug, only some of them), you should proceed as follows:

- Download and install with the antivirus entirely TURNED OFF

- BEFORE launching FSX for the first time after the installation, configure the antivirus to ignore the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now, you can turn the antivirus back on, and start FSX.

delta6325

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 04:48:40 pm »
I have tried that and it still isn't working. Here are a couple of photos about the warnings i am getting.

http://i.imgur.com/Uiz8H6p.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/q89L8sn.jpg?1

I honestly don't think its an antivirus issue at this point because i had it turned off throughout the whole installation and i tried the other stuff as well.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 05:15:39 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2013, 05:17:44 pm »
I honestly don't think its an antivirus issue at this point because i had it turned off throughout the whole installation and i tried the other stuff as well.

No, it's not. That screenshot indicates instead that you (not the antivirus) have decided not to trust us as a publisher so, nothing digitally signed from us will run on your system. It's not possible to do this automatically, you must do it explicitly, maybe you did that after seeing an antivirus report.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)